PDA

View Full Version : New member from south of Boston, MA

Richie V.
03-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Greetings! :)

I learned of this site when Chris commented on my blog, and, though I already consider another bowling forum site "home", this one looked good enough to want to pay it at least an occasional visit.

I started league bowling in the late 80s, the time of the early-generation urethane balls and just before the "three-unit rule." I consider a small tournament win at my home center, Westgate Lanes, as one of my life's greatest accomplishments, and I also had my 268 personal-best game in that period.

Lack of income and the wish to hit the karaoke contest trail caused me to leave the game in the early 90s, but I always had the feeling I would return, and that happened about a year and a half ago. I had had double heel fractures over 9 years ago, and the one time I went bowling before my serious return, I couldn't really get the ball down the lane because my legs were still weak from being more or less off of my feet for five months. It will be 2 years ago in June that my brother asked if I wanted to have a bowling outing with him again, and something about that outing got me thinking that I could make a comeback. I started my bowling blog as a journal of my comeback attempt, which has, after returning to league play last summer and being better than I was in my former bowling life (at least in average), become more of a successful comeback than an attempt. I currently bowl in the Brunswick Mixed League at my home center, and carry a 180 average (I'll track this stuff in my signature).

The blog has evolved into more than just a personal bowling journal, as I post news out of my home center, as well as go into commentary about stuff on the national (and, sometimes, international) bowling scene. There is also an occasional "Cross-training" feature, where I post news I find about athletes in the other major professional sports doing bowling stuff, such as charity tournaments. My blog's sidebar also has a good list of links to other bowling sites, including other bowling blogs.

I do hope to post at least occasionally, so I'll check in here from time to time. I hope I get the same welcome here as I did on my "home" forums. My blog is linked in my signature, so I hope you check it out.

The KingPin
03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Hello and Welcome to BowlingBoards.com

I am honored that you are here.

I found your blog amazing and wonderful in every aspect of the word.

I hope that we can exceed any and all expectations that you may have. Again we may never be your "home" yet another outlet.

Thanks again

Chris - BowlingBoards.com

Anni1
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome to this great site!!

My name is Anneke and I am from Michigan.

NoTapNorm
03-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the site! I look forward to your input!

Richie V.
03-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks everyone (even those who've yet to reply). :)

Chris, found something to like about the board already...most boards I'm on (including my non-bowling boards) limit signatures to a certain number of characters (including formatting tags and link/image URLs). On this board, I'm able to get in everything I would want to get in my signature (including my "meager" arsenal, though that should grow with time). :)

onefrombills
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Hello ....Welcome .....glad ya found us and GOOOOOOOOO Yankees

;)

The KingPin
03-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks everyone (even those who've yet to reply). :)

Chris, found something to like about the board already...most boards I'm on (including my non-bowling boards) limit signatures to a certain number of characters (including formatting tags and link/image URLs). On this board, I'm able to get in everything I would want to get in my signature (including my "meager" arsenal, though that should grow with time). :)

Really BowlingBoards.com is a bowling site for bowlers. We do not break the bowling forum standard rules, WE MAKE THEM!!!

kev3inp
03-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Welcome, and you are now my nomination for the Brian Piccolo comeback award. I'll have to check out your blog, it sounds very interesting. Plus, it looks like you can spell. :) Have fun, and I hope to see you posting.

The KingPin
03-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Hoo kares abut speling?