PDA

View Full Version : Lessons Learned

ThongPrincess
03-01-2009, 07:46 PM
I just finished bowling our local association city tournament. Yesterday was Team Event and today D/S. I learned or should say relearned a lesson yesterday. Our squad took to the lanes at noon and I had not eaten anything. I wasn't hungry. By the middle of the third game I was spacey and mentally weak. My ball speed was down and cost me several easy spares. After we finished a group of us were talking and I got the doh, never bowl without eating, the body needs fuel.

Today I had a small portion of rice before I left for the D/S center around 10 AM. We again had a noon squad time. I also brought a Nutrisystems Cranberry Orange Bar and some of their soy chips for between singles and doubles. What a difference. I was able to keep alert for all 6 games and did not suffer the reduced ball speed.

I also learned that the new attitude is becoming a habit. I never once got down on myself despite only shooting my entering average 1 of the 9 games. I had a low of 140 :( and a high of 189 :). I came in with a 184 book.

I also learned that I can always have fun bowling. It didn't matter our scores, we had a lot of fun and are even going to bowl our State tourney together. :D

I forgot to mention, I will be receiving an award from our local association. They have an award that is an apple with a worm coming out of it for leaving the sour apple. Yes in city tournament I left the Sour Apple in the 8th frame of the 1st game of singles. :eek: Lesson learned, it's okay to laugh when you leave the 5-7-10 and then send the ball nicely between the 5 and 7 without hitting a single pin.

Thanks for reading & Bowl Well!!!