PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone able to split a board?

bowl1820
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I just find it amazing just how many bowler's say they consistently hit a 1/2 in. target and/or they make 1/2 in. corrections in the forums. The most incredible are the ones who make 1/2" adjustments at the break point.

A 1/2 in. accuracy mean's your hitting your target +/- 1/4 inch.

One of the times I was at Kegel they talked about accuracy . They said there were only a few pro's who could actually hit a 1/2" target consistently on the C.A.T.S. (One was walter ray).

Sometimes when I see the 1/2" remark, I think "prove it! get on C.A.T.S. get a print out and post it!"

I'm not saying they are not accurate, but I don't think they are that accurate all the time.

Duke Harding
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm within 1/2" in the front part of the lane.

I've been measured at 1-1/2"-2" at the breakpoint, which isn't that accurate.
First thing people have always said about my game....You are really accurate.
I'm 62, Left-handed, back when I started bowling in the late 50s-early 60s, you had to be accurate.

When I was in my late 40s, I could hit within an inch at the BP.

I'd say very few few bowlers are within 2-3" at the BP....They don't project the ball the same path twice in a row.

Just my .02 ;)

kev3inp
03-05-2009, 05:02 PM
I can split boards pretty well with an axe. I used to live in a place with a woodburning stove.

Duke Harding
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I can split boards pretty well with an axe. I used to live in a place with a woodburning stove.

That's Funny...
Bowling would be easier if we could use an axe on the pins.

You got me thinking. I'm legally blind, so I really can't see what I'm hitting.
It's just what I've always been told.

11 in a row
03-06-2009, 11:06 AM

i used to split wood in the backyard as a kid,:D

i hit an area and i hope that it works for me ..i,m probably more off than i realize...

The KingPin
03-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I just find it amazing just how many bowler's say they consistently hit a 1/2 in. target and/or they make 1/2 in. corrections in the forums. The most incredible are the ones who make 1/2" adjustments at the break point.

A 1/2 in. accuracy mean's your hitting your target +/- 1/4 inch.

One of the times I was at Kegel they talked about accuracy . They said there were only a few pro's who could actually hit a 1/2" target consistently on the C.A.T.S. (One was walter ray).

Sometimes when I see the 1/2" remark, I think "prove it! get on C.A.T.S. get a print out and post it!"

I'm not saying they are not accurate, but I don't think they are that accurate all the time.

I think it is very tough and yet some may claim they can and really do, yet on video I bet many have problems doing it on a consistent basis.

BXTECH
03-17-2009, 05:47 AM
I'm splitting boards now, U saw that pink elephant! (ok i'm working on my jokes)The ball technologies of today accuracy isn't the name of the game when comparing to rubber and urethane balls of Mark Roth's time. Nowadays you have more forgiveness, but the pocket 7-10 isn't all that forgiveing, with the cores and covers you see today. Accuracy has always hindered my game not so much at the arrows, about an 1" or so, but the breakpoint is a good 2" in difference which is not too, too bad for the THS but in more competative enviorments( us open, tourneys) this will not do.

ThongPrincess
03-17-2009, 07:59 AM
The last certified coach I worked with always told me to have a 3 board target at the arrows. The center board is the intended target and the one board on either side would not be completely off at the pins. At the arrows, I am fairly accurate, but I am uncertain at the break point.

I'd like to have the CATS done. The only person in the area who did the CATS no longer does it, she petty much stopped coaching. I may take advantage of the opportunity at Nationals.