PDA

View Full Version : New Definition for Tweener

ThongPrincess
03-09-2009, 01:48 AM
A couple definitions of "tweener" -1) 10 - 12 year olds, double digits but not yet a teen; 2) not a cranker and not a stroker, but between the two. Tonight we came up with another definition, read on to find out :)

Tonight I was not finding any success on the lanes. If I went outside of 10 the ball was flying past the headpin. If I went 10 - 12 it was sliding and in the face. By the end of game 2 I was about to go to plastic only. My "Cookie" coach said play 5th arrow. I looked at him like he was crazy, but decided why not. It actually was a good move and finished with my high game of the night. It wasn't a great score, but 30 over game 1 and 19 over game 2. A little more practice with it and I think it will be fun to play.

So now for the new definition. After league three of us were talking about the playing 5th arrow. I was joking and saying they were going to kick me out of the Lefties' Union because we all know lefties never play anything but 1st or 2nd arrow with an occasional trip to the 3rd arrow. A fellow lefty said 3rd arrow is only for the 7 pin. He went on to say I was becoming a left handed righty. My cookie coach said "No she's a tweener" as in between a lefty and righty. ;)

BXTECH
03-17-2009, 06:08 AM
At least that are of the lane wasn't difficult for you play. Nice job inbeTWEENER. I can use a beTWEENER like yourself in my league.

ThongPrincess
03-17-2009, 07:50 AM
At least that are of the lane wasn't difficult for you play. Nice job inbeTWEENER. I can use a beTWEENER like yourself in my league.

I'd take you up on the league, but that would be one heck of a commute :eek:

I have to admit I had fun playing the line. I have also been known to play the twig with my eyes closed. Working with Ron Clifton last year, he had me play 2 board and just as I was in the downswing close my eyes. He said I was giving him goose bumps when I'd hit 1/2 board and the ball got to the pocket. :)

Yes I am one crazy mixxed up lefty :p

dougb
03-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I'd take you up on the league, but that would be one heck of a commute :eek:

I have to admit I had fun playing the line. I have also been known to play the twig with my eyes closed. Working with Ron Clifton last year, he had me play 2 board and just as I was in the downswing close my eyes. He said I was giving him goose bumps when I'd hit 1/2 board and the ball got to the pocket. :)

Yes I am one crazy mixxed up lefty :p

I've started to practice playing the first arrow (I'm a righty) after seeing Norm Duke get devastating results awhile back on TV playing that line. Even though I usually play the 2-3rd arrow, I am not comfortable out there so close to the gutter! But I really enjoy practicing different lines, and I think versatility is a big plus in this game, so I'll keep it up!