PDA

View Full Version : Another Brag on Our Juniors

ThongPrincess
03-16-2009, 12:23 AM
This weekend was our Regional Pepsi Qualifier. Most of our Juniors bowled at noon today at Buena Lanes in Ventura. I was there to support and celebrate their achievements. We had 120 - 130 average bowlers shoot in the 170s, a 78 average bowler shoot 129.

Cassandra, one of the girls I have had the pleasure to work with came into the tournament with a 119 average. She had a clean game the first game and had a 3-10 to convert for her first 200 game. She converted it for a 200. The cool thing is she went on to mark in the front 3 frames of game 2 and with a few opens late in the game shot 135. Game 3 she shot 152 for a 487.

With her handicap she had a 760. After the Saturday qualifying and the 9AM squad scores posted she moved into 2nd place. We'll have to wait and see what the rest of her squad did and the 3:30 PM, but I am fairly certain she will be getting a scholarship.

She had told her mom she was going to shoot 200, she knew what she was talking about. Her sister, Breanna, who received a scholarship last year had told Cassandra just before the squad that this was her year. It was so cool to see the support between the sisters.

Some of the parents ask why I come when I don't have any kids in the program. I tell them this is where I, as a coach, get to see the results of the hard work the kids put into their game. This is our payment for coaching, seeing the pride and joy in the faces of the kids is priceless! :D

bowl1820
03-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Sounds like some good bowling happened! and a good time had by all.