PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy

TheEricHarris
03-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey all,

I've become addicted to bowling in the last few months! Just thought I'd introduce myself. Got my Storm Gravity Shift in Feb 2008 (first hook ball), been slowly getting the hang of it. Joined a league back in December 2008 and been improving since. The wife has Storm Tropical and is not to shabby. She will be joining me on a league in the summer.

I'm averaging a 167 right now, which seems to be going up every week. Just recently things have "clicked" and I'm bowling a 190 average when I practice on the weekends. Just need to work on being consitent, for example, last week in league I bowled a 221, 151, and a 230. :eek: . Current highs are a 241/621.

I think I'm a stroker, since I line up in on the middle dot and throw it on the right side and let it hook into the pocket at about 15mph. My target is the 3rd dot/arrow. Right now I'm using my Gravity as the only ball, and can pickup the 10 pin about 70% of the time now. I have a plastic ball but it just doesn't feel good when I throw it, as it's not drilled for finger tips (like a house ball).

Welp, that's about it for now :)

ThongPrincess
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Ahh another bowling addict :) Just beware of also becoming a member of the Ball of the Month Club - I have never had the cash to join that club. ;)

Have you considered having the plastic plugged and redrilled? For spare shooting, plastic is your friend :D

Welcome!

The KingPin
03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey all,

I've become addicted to bowling in the last few months! Just thought I'd introduce myself. Got my Storm Gravity Shift in Feb 2008 (first hook ball), been slowly getting the hang of it. Joined a league back in December 2008 and been improving since. The wife has Storm Tropical and is not to shabby. She will be joining me on a league in the summer.

I'm averaging a 167 right now, which seems to be going up every week. Just recently things have "clicked" and I'm bowling a 190 average when I practice on the weekends. Just need to work on being consitent, for example, last week in league I bowled a 221, 151, and a 230. :eek: . Current highs are a 241/621.

I think I'm a stroker, since I line up in on the middle dot and throw it on the right side and let it hook into the pocket at about 15mph. My target is the 3rd dot/arrow. Right now I'm using my Gravity as the only ball, and can pickup the 10 pin about 70% of the time now. I have a plastic ball but it just doesn't feel good when I throw it, as it's not drilled for finger tips (like a house ball).

Welp, that's about it for now :)

Great to meet you

I am Chris the owner of this Grand site

I am honored you are here and if you need anything or have any suggestions, please do let me know.

And please tell your league friends and family about us.

Chris

BXTECH
03-17-2009, 04:46 AM
Welcome aboard, its always great to see people who want to take their game to the next level, especially husband and wife. I'm trying to get my "old lady" more into it, she's slowly coming around.

kev3inp
03-19-2009, 05:06 AM
I find that bowling with my wife is a lot of fun, and I'm even happier when she beats me. Well, on the lanes, anyway. ;)