PDA

View Full Version : Ball Suggestions

janbolen
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Okay I am a Lefty.. And I am going to buy a second ball.. So I need suggestions for a good ball.
Thanks in advance!
Janet

Jord_84
03-16-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.stormbowling.com/matchmaker
that's a pretty useful tool.
you can enter in your experience level, average, lane conditions etc and it will make recommendations for storm bowling balls. You can even switch between lefty and righty, stroker, cranker, and tweener to see what the track on each ball might look like.
I'm biased though, I like storm equipment....I'm not sure if any of the other manufacturers websites have anything like this.
It's given me a good idea as to which balls to ask about at the pro shop.

BXTECH
03-17-2009, 05:04 AM
i enjoy these type of posts, just curious:
which ball(s) do you presently own?
do you throw with alot of speed or revs?
what are you looking for your next piece to do?

janbolen
03-17-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.stormbowling.com/matchmaker
that's a pretty useful tool.
you can enter in your experience level, average, lane conditions etc and it will make recommendations for storm bowling balls. You can even switch between lefty and righty, stroker, cranker, and tweener to see what the track on each ball might look like.
I'm biased though, I like storm equipment....I'm not sure if any of the other manufacturers websites have anything like this.
It's given me a good idea as to which balls to ask about at the pro shop.

Funny you said that because I used that tool yesterday.. I was thinking about the Street rod, it matched me with it.. ;)

Right now I have a white dot.. Probably going to use it for spares. I've done very well picking up the 10 pin with it.. the 7 pin well that is a different story.. :p I don't have much rev, and I am a stroker. And my speed is probably medium.. I need a wrist support too, I keep turn my wrist backwardds which gives me a really bad spin..
Thanks for the help.

11 in a row
03-19-2009, 10:25 AM
i,m with bxtech here it all depends on what you want the ball to do and how it feels in your hands as well.
early roll that revs up a bit or one that goes longer then revs up at the breakpoint with continous backend or one thats smooth throughout and that is versatile with good control for you.. ...
it,s what i ask myself before looking into a new ball......storm,track there are some very solid bowling balls out there so goodluck to you in select the one thats right for you..also keep in mind where you bowl also do they put out larger volumes of oil or light to medium volumes.....

goodluck my fellow lefty.

SrKegler
03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Taking everything into consideration, I would recommend the Tropical Storm. It will give you more carry and hook than your plastic but isn't so strong that it's uncontrollable, especially with you being a beginner bowler. As your skills improve, you could move up to more aggressive equipment and keep it for your drier lane ball.