PDA

View Full Version : Bowling forums posts rants

bowl1820
03-18-2009, 10:59 PM
(This didn't happen here!!!)

Sometimes I wonder why I bother posting anything over on the other bowling site forums.

I post a review of a ball I get wailed on because its a discontinued ball so nobody wants it.

I post asking if anyone would like to see a print out of the oil pattern of their league or tournament . I get wailed on for that "NO! all you have to do is throw a ball down the lane to know all need to play it."

I post a new version of the sides of a bowling ball chart, I get wailed on for that.

I post some bowling trivia I get wailed on that.

and one of my greatest stupid posts.
I just asked if anyone thought about the fact that each arrow is a different distance down the lane.(They always say 15 feet from the foul line to the arrows) so when you target a arrow your targeting a slightly different distance down the lane on each one.

Now I post a simple link to a manual file for a lane machine and I get a reply "When you spend that much on an Ion, you get a paper manual."

It seems the only thing you can post on is topic's complaining about the USBC or how the handicap is unfair if you average over 200 and it's not right for low average bowlers to bowl over average.

(which by the way I figured out how to make it FAIR for high ave bowlers 1-only200 plus aves get handicap 100% of 300 and 2- anyone less than a 200 ave is penalized 25% of each game score they bowl over average. That should guarantee that only the high ave bowlers win everything, the brackets, win every league, tournament etc. and if they still don't win they can call a mulligan! till they do)

or posts that say a ball "HITS LIKE A TRUCK"

Then I see a post where a guy complains about leaving ten pins to much WHY? because THE GUTTER IS TO DEEP! and the pins don't bounce out to take out the ten enough and who should he complain too. this become a serious topic of discussion.

ok rant done for now , wail on me all you want for this .

The KingPin
03-18-2009, 11:10 PM
pm sent for additional info

bowl1820
03-18-2009, 11:39 PM
(This didn't happen here!!! Everyone has been pretty friendly here, nice site. I just have a thin skin)

The KingPin
03-19-2009, 12:15 AM
I am very happy to hear that.

I take what this site stands for very seriously.

It is truly built with Ethics, Dignity, and Values in mind.

People of any age can talk about bowling freely and without being made fun of. This is a place for all to share the love of bowling.

Chris - BowlingBoards.com

Iceman
03-19-2009, 04:01 AM
Now, this is good stuff. If you listen closely, you can hear all these things. Everyone has a different opinion on how bowling should be. Tournaments should be playable but tougher wall shots then a typical house shot. Give me a break on this. If you want to be able to bowl, tough the shot up across the board then it doesn't matter what pattern you bowl on, if your a good bowler, then accuracy will improve thus raising avg.

If they don't want to play on the tougher shots, so be it. Just shut the F#$@ up. No body cares cause you didn't carry a 7 pin in the middle of a 8 bagger, the house shot is a carry fest anyway.

I so agree with this post. Everyone is so quick to criticize, but seldom to they point the fingers at themselves for not being able to play off the gutter, or move inside 20 and swing it.

Talent is an adaptive concept - if you have it, use it. If not, learn the spinner release to reduce the pains of tougher patterns and hopefully better out of play.

kev3inp
03-19-2009, 05:14 AM
There are a lot of FIGJAMs out there who are certain they know it all, and only their opinion is correct. Sometimes they get to me, too, but I try not to dwell on it. At these "other" sites all I read is posts in the 'bowling' section and only if I can see that someone whose opinion I value has posted. I stay away from all the religious and political crap, it just degenerates into name calling, and if they don't agree with me they're obviously wrong. ;)

ThongPrincess
03-19-2009, 09:49 PM
I stay away from all the religious and political crap, it just degenerates into name calling, and if they don't agree with me they're obviously wrong. ;)

But Kevin, you are wrong because I am the authority on everything :p But seriously I read some of the posts in the non-bowling sections of other sites for entertainment. I find it amusing how fast the degenerate and there is always some one who tries to use logic, like anyone is going to accept it.

I have to say when I read the first post in this thread, I was shocked and figured I had really missed something. I'm glad to find it was not from here.

The KingPin
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I must say that this is the reason why BowlingBoards.com was started.

As I was learning about bowling years ago I went to a 3 letter site to get advice. I got made fun of, harassed, and verbally abused just for asking questions about approaches, technique, and ball info.

Now granted, these questions are very beginner for most. Yet why would a person put them down? I was looking for help, yet in return was left feeling like it was my fault for wanting to be a better bowler.

No one here hides behind user names. Many other sites have members who do this. (I have a story for anyone who would like to know what happens when things go wrong)

Yet why? You pick a name and start picking on people for asking questions. We are all strangers who love bowling. I may not be able to give the best advice, but some Positive Advice is better than being abused or flamed.

BowlingBoards.com will never be like that as long as I am the owner.

WE set the bar for other bowling forums.

WE break the rules on how a forum should be ran.

And WE truly are a bowling community.

Chris

Jord_84
03-21-2009, 12:15 AM
You pick a name and start picking on people for asking questions. We are all strangers who love bowling. I may not be able to give the best advice, but some Positive Advice is better than being abused or flamed.
I couldn't agree more.
Ultimately, we all want the same thing, to improve. Regardless of what level we're at.
I hope these boards stay a laid-back place for people to share tips and advice....free from jerks!

The KingPin
03-22-2009, 01:38 AM
I couldn't agree more.
Ultimately, we all want the same thing, to improve. Regardless of what level we're at.
I hope these boards stay a laid-back place for people to share tips and advice....free from jerks!

Well I think we will. As we grow, the people who are Pioneers in a way and have been here for a while will become moderators and keep spam and bad people away.

We are a family friendly site!!!

ThongPrincess
03-22-2009, 02:48 AM
What I love about some sites that shall remain nameless is when the trolls come around and span the site, there is rants about the lack of moderation. Then when there is moderation, the rants are about the moderators deleting inappropriate posts.

I enjoy visiting this site, it has become a regular stop for me. Now just to get a gathering together or have some of you make the North Carolina gathering in July, and be able to put names and faces together.

The KingPin
03-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I think truly what makes a site like our here is the people.

The people here at BowlingBoards.com are the best around. People here are classy, respectful, and very helpful.

We are what other forums should be like. YET>>> I believe in taking a somewhat family approach to this site. We can youth bowlers up to seniors here talking. From Grandmas to Grand children. Although this is great for many, some like to have someone cursing at them and telling them the ball they are using is horrible. So it depends on what you like.

Chris

Seamistlark
03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I have been here only a short time and already feel better about this site then the other site I was visiting. I had often felt insecure about asking questions on the other site because I would read the replies to other peoples post and how they got hammered on. I use the same screenname here that I use everywhere, Car sites, Woodworking sites and Cell Tower sites, That is just how I'm known. On another site I was asked what Seamistlark had to do with bowling. I replied it was due to a car site. I was then told it was not right to use this name on "thier site". I have not posted on that site since, and have not visited them either.
I am new to Ten Pin and I am Learning. This is my crime against man, and I am willing to serve my time for it, but I refuse to serve ity with idiots. I have been picking my friends for 43 years and I am not going to stop now.
I really do like this place!!!

kev3inp
03-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Well said, young padawan. I'm the same name everywhere I go, too. I have to remind people the 3 is silent. You should hear some try and pronounce it.

kakcpa
03-23-2009, 05:01 PM
There's nothing worse in the world of forums, wanting to express an opinion about something, but don't because you are afraid someone will personally attack you in a reply.

The KingPin
03-23-2009, 05:05 PM
There's nothing worse in the world of forums, wanting to express an opinion about something, but don't because you are afraid someone will personally attack you in a reply.

Very true. We live in an online world of help. So if you cannot ask questions based on how someone might treat you, something is wrong.

We may not be the biggest, but we are working on being an option for many.

Chris

Seamistlark
03-23-2009, 05:06 PM
I have a freind that teaches High school with a student named La-ea. For months he called her Leiyah thinking that was her name. On parent conference night he was talking to the girls mother and she corrected him on her daughters name. "The dash is not silent, it is Ladashea" He had to show me his roster cause I thought jhe was making it up.:)

Jord_84
03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
why on earth do parents do that?! I'm addicted to this show on A&E called "The First 48"....and the other night, they were after a suspect who's name was....Royal Cola.

My guess is, the kid turned to a life of crime after being tormented all throughout school.

ThongPrincess
03-24-2009, 12:50 AM
I had a student come into my class about half way through the year. Her name was Shady. She was a major problem. Makes you wonder what the parents were thinking, she lived up to her name. By the end of the year she was removed from my class and spent half the day in the Opportunity Room. I had to send work for her to complete, but never saw anything. I am sure the 7th grade teacher's were glad to see she did not return to our school

Jord_84
03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
sometimes I have to wonder if giving a child a name like that, gives them a predisposition to that kind of an attitude/personality.

kev3inp
03-24-2009, 05:21 PM
I have a freind that teaches High school with a student named La-ea. For months he called her Leiyah thinking that was her name. On parent conference night he was talking to the girls mother and she corrected him on her daughters name. "The dash is not silent, it is Ladashea" He had to show me his roster cause I thought he was making it up.:)

I've heard of that. I think it was featured in Odd News or something.

I've also heard about the fraternal twins named Mal-e and Fem-al-e. "I didn't have to name them, the hospital did already."

I think the movie Idiocracy should be required viewing. Unfortunately, I think the people most in need of understanding it won't.

ThongPrincess
03-25-2009, 02:56 PM
sometimes I have to wonder if giving a child a name like that, gives them a predisposition to that kind of an attitude/personality.

Possible, but then there is the influence of the parents/family that would think that is a good name for their child. I think it is a combination.

Graaille
04-17-2009, 10:50 PM
I firmly believe that the 'commentary' is what keeps the boards at the ratios that they are at (generalizing here) of 10% posting, 90% lurking. However there are those times where you can get into the archives and pull real nuggets of info out that someone said weeks, months, years ago. Plus you get a feel for who can actually help vs who's blowing smoke.

I joined a forum a month ago so that I could view the archives, and when I posted a comment - I discovered that mine was the first post on the entire site in 3 months. It may not be dead, but I dunno if anything can bring it back.

fbushstl
04-25-2009, 11:00 AM
what is the most 300 rings you can get in a carrer

kev3inp
04-25-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't believe there's a limit, but I may be wrong. I know you can get at least one a year, so that depends on how long you live. ;) When I get a chance I'll see if I can find out.

ArtVandelay
04-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Holy old posts, Batman!!!! hahahahaha.

Sad going through this thread again..... Last time I read it, things were a little different, and one of our members was still around.

bobwaas
04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Has anyone ever had a problem with 8 - 10 splits? I left 4 in one game and got a lucky messenger to save me from a 5th. Is there something I can do in my setup or is it possible the pinsetter was not placing pins correctly?

bball
05-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Consider yourself wailed. The best to you.;)

bowl1820
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Well time to add another rant. I post my ball cleaner review over on allbowling.com and start getting a string stupid comments and heaven forbid I had typo! instead of striking I had "strikinjg" so we quote it and have to point it out with big text, bold it and color it purple

So I just deleted the post, because when that starts. No one cares what you posted good or bad, it becomes all about the remarks posted or posting new ones.

Well I hadn't posted over there in a while guess won't again.

:p:):D, lol lol lol also heres some simley's and lol's to show "I'm just kidding" because doing those shows everyone that you don't mean what you just said.

The KingPin
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Man why purple? Why not pink or teal? Lol

I tell you we love you here

The KingPin
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Man why purple? Why not pink or teal? Lol

I tell you we love you here

StormGirl712
09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
actually, i think it would have been more appropriate to be red, seeing as they were pointing out a mistake hahahaha.

The KingPin
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Agreed red is right

bowl1820
09-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Well I went back reposted that review and the other 2. and locked the threads so they can't post.

comfortably numb
07-26-2011, 02:59 PM
And 28 months later, from what I have read on this site, this is still family friendly and helpful to all!!

Trex
07-27-2011, 09:28 AM
yes...very friendly and helpful to all!! I do ahgreee yes sir I do!!! :)