PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your bowling balls from?

Ram1723
03-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey guys just curious...i wanted to know where everyone gets there bowling balls from? Do u shop online on differnt web sites, or how about ebay?..or do you go to your local pro shop..Is there any differnce?

Thanks, Ramiro

The KingPin
03-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Hello,

I have bought from Ebay with bad luck. I have got blems and seconds that were almost un-drill-able.

I have used a few sites and even a newer place BowlersWherehouse.com as you can pick your own price there.

But really I look at everywhere but Ebay. But that is me.

Chris

bowl1820
03-20-2009, 07:09 PM
I buy from a local pro-shop. The local shop helps in choosing a ball, also any after drilling adjustments. Since I don't drill my own, if I bought on online I'd have to go to him for drilling. So wouldn't save that much after all said and done. By supporting the local shop, it can provide benefits down the road. Like free stuff,coaching help etc.

Might buy online some accessories if I'd save alot or it's a hard to find item.

Ram1723
03-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Ya i was kinda iffy with ebay...and im living in kingsville, tx we dont have a bowling alley here so i drive to corpus christi to bowl but they dont have a pro shop...so the guy that usually drills my stuff is 2 hours away from me. Ive heard some people say theres a quality differnce when u buy bowling balls online...not sure if they were sayin that so id buy from his pro shop lol

alltenback
03-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I buy 98% of my balls I own currently from Tony Colatruglio over at Big Daddy's Pro Shop www.bigdaddysproshop.com but he doesn't sell online.

Also Bowlingball.com (http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=93618&u=228201&m=13572&urllink=&afftrack=) is good too

You would be surprised how much you need to talk to a pro about your game. Tony C at Big Daddy's will even watch you roll a few balls before selling you anything. Plus if there is anything wrong with your ball he will fix it and even replace it if it cracks. He is located in Greenbrook, NJ inside Strike and Spare so that is a little bit more than a 2 hour drive from TX.

just my 2 cents

B

ThongPrincess
03-20-2009, 10:54 PM
I have purchased several bowling balls through Pro Ams. One I got as an incentive to join the WWPB (Western Women's Premier Bowlers) and the rest bought through my Pro Shop.

Mattdean76
03-20-2009, 11:12 PM
I usally get mine at the pro shop, I trust my guy. But I do my research online first. I do look up the price online though,

dougb
03-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I buy from a local pro-shop. The local shop helps in choosing a ball, also any after drilling adjustments. Since I don't drill my own, if I bought on online I'd have to go to him for drilling. So wouldn't save that much after all said and done. By supporting the local shop, it can provide benefits down the road. Like free stuff,coaching help etc.

Might buy online some accessories if I'd save alot or it's a hard to find item.

I've had a few bad experiences buying used equipment from other bowlers online... basically got balls that were blems or had damage from bad drills.

So now I buy all my equipment from my pro shop, Lane 41 at Earl Anthony's Bowl in Dublin, CA (http://www.earlanthonysdublinbowl.com/shop.htm). These guys know my arsenal (and therefore what I need)l, how I throw the ball, and how to drill it for me.

To give an example, I was struggling with my Storm Gravity Shift and looking for a medium-heavy ball to replace it. They took my GS as a trade-in and gave me a great deal on a Columbia 300 Rival, a ball I never would've chosen for myself. That ball has quickly become my favorite in the bag!

They also repair and resurface the balls you purchase. Although it's more expensive than buying online, once you throw in the ball, drilling, and a resurface it basically evens out with what these guys charge. I'm a big fan of supporting your local pro shop!

onefrombills
03-20-2009, 11:42 PM
I get them from Columbia 300 and drilled by ME at Bowling with Leverage Pro Shops

Jord_84
03-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I get all of my balls at Tom Carter's bowlers universe. http://bowlersuniverseproshops.com/
Only pro shop in my area I trust, I used to use a different pro shop until they screwed up two of my balls.
Once you find a good pro shop, stick with it.

onefrombills
03-21-2009, 12:10 AM
once you find a good pro shop, stick with it.

amen !!!!

Ram1723
03-21-2009, 02:12 AM
Nice thanks alot guys...love the feedback...i really like the guy that ive been going to, hes just a lil drive away so im thinking of maybe buying a ball online and taking it to him to drill it for me..

Anyone know of any pro shops in south texas? Just curious..

NoTapNorm
03-21-2009, 09:06 AM
I've bought a couple online with no issues, one from bowlingball.com and the other from buildanarsenal.com. I recently purchased a gravity shift from the local pro shop and it works out to be about the same price as online-and he's helping/coaching me to use the new equipment.
I usually get my accessories (bag, tools, stuff) online.

janbolen
03-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I get my from the Pro Shop. My husband and me get club member ship discount.. We can only choose from Ebonite and Hammer, Columbia and track.. But if we buy online we would still have to go in and pay for drilling package from the Pro shop, and I figured it out that it all even itself out.. Plus our Pro shop guy shared something with us.. A guy came into the Pro Shop and was telling him that he found the Ebonite the one pearl online cheaper than what he was selling it for, and the Pro shop guy said really what website. So the Pro Shop guy went to it then he said I hope you didn't buy one, because it said in fine print they will only send you 13 lbs no matter what lbs you ordered. And the guy said crap I order two. So I learned you have to be careful about ordering balls online..

11 in a row
03-21-2009, 09:22 AM
i,ve ordered online and i also support my local proshop as well as get some bowling balls drilled at nationals.
for the most part i support my local proshop and i have ordered balls from bowlingindex.com and bowlingball.com without any problems but i get my local proshop to drill my bowling balls for me.i never let anybody i don,t know predrill my equipment either i want someone who knows how i throw the ball or someone who can look at my track and see hows it drill correctly or not......

thats just me...

onefrombills
03-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Nice thanks alot guys...love the feedback...i really like the guy that ive been going to, hes just a lil drive away so im thinking of maybe buying a ball online and taking it to him to drill it for me..

Anyone know of any pro shops in south texas? Just curious..

Dosent Dino Castio have a shop out that way ?

Ram1723
03-22-2009, 01:35 AM
I am not sure...do u know what town he works out of or what bowling alley?