PDA

View Full Version : Halleluja I'm out of my slump!

Jord_84
03-20-2009, 11:54 PM
I went to the alley tonight to practice.
shot a 181, felt like I wasn't getting as close to the foul line as I should.
Took a half step forward and moved my approach up, and tadah!
Had the guys in at the pro shop put new grips and a thumb slug in my plastic ball and I didn't miss a single 10 pin either.
I'm ready to finish my season on a good note.:D

onefrombills
03-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Had the guys in at the pro shop put new grips and a thumb slug in my plastic ball and I didn't miss a single 10 pin either.

Congrats and nice shooting

alltenback
03-21-2009, 11:44 PM
It always feels good when you get it figured out. Sometimes it is even the equipment or even just some fine tuning of your equipment.

I just resurfaced two balls tonight and polished them just in case my house doesn't have their oil machine fixed.

ThongPrincess
03-22-2009, 12:25 AM
It is always amazing how the littlest thing can make such a big difference! Good luck in league & may you shoot lights out!

11 in a row
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM

great shooting and stay with it....

SrKegler
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Now that you've worked your way out of a slump, I would recommend you get a movie camera and take pictures of your game. Next time you get in a slump, take the pictures and compare the good and the bad. See if you have made any changes in your game

nickcuban
03-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Congrats! I am still stuck in mine. I think my problem is that I am mildly obsessed with trying to get more revs on my ball. I need it to snap back instead of just kinda turn. But I will try to your trick of moving closer to the foul line.