PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to use tape?

TheEricHarris
03-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Are there specific do's and don'ts with tape for the thumb? I've heard use white tape where your thumb grips and then build up the rear with black tape. So only one piece in front and as many as you need in the rear.

onefrombills
03-21-2009, 05:27 PM
There is no right or wrong way to put tape in I have used both Black & White in both the front and back of the thumb hole......as long as it feels good and you can come out of the hole your good.

ThongPrincess
03-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Before I started using Magic Carpet, I'd put the first 2 - 3 pieces of white tape in front and then put in the back the next 2 - 3 pieces.

Now I use a combination of 3/4" and 1/2" tape in the front only, the Magic Carpet is in the back. But as onefrombills said, it is a personal comfort thing.

bowl1820
03-22-2009, 09:29 AM
For the white put the first piece in close to the top of the hole.
If you need a second piece place it a little farther in.
Do the same for any other pieces.

It's like forming stair steps.
WWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWW

alltenback
03-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Before I started using Magic Carpet, I'd put the first 2 - 3 pieces of white tape in front and then put in the back the next 2 - 3 pieces.

Now I use a combination of 3/4" and 1/2" tape in the front only, the Magic Carpet is in the back. But as onefrombills said, it is a personal comfort thing.

Who makes the the Magic Carpet? Can you send me a link? Sounds interesting.

bowl1820
03-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Ron Clifton makes the Magic Carpet

Click here Ron C's Magic Carpet (http://www.bowl4fun.com/magiccarpet/magiccarpet.htm)

dougb
03-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Ron Clifton makes the Magic Carpet

Click here Ron C's Magic Carpet (http://www.bowl4fun.com/magiccarpet/magiccarpet.htm)

I highly recommend this for a consistent, smooth release.

ThongPrincess
03-22-2009, 02:26 PM
bowl1820 beat me to it. I have been using it for about 3 years now and love it. It is like a soft velcro that allows you to get a snug fit on the thumb without creating the vacuum effect. The carpet takes the place of about 4 white tapes.

bowl1820
03-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Doe's anyone know if Ron will still send you a free sample? I know he use too. I've never tried it myself, with everyone talking about it. I'd like to try a piece myself now.

ThongPrincess
03-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Doe's anyone know if Ron will still send you a free sample? I know he use too. I've never tried it myself, with everyone talking about it. I'd like to try a piece myself now.

I am pretty sure he does. I know some one recently commented about receiving a free sample on another site. Send him an email.