PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else enjoy Color Pin?

TheEricHarris
03-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Just started getting back into doing color pin at a local center on Saturday night. OMG, it's so much fun! It's $12 a person for 3 games, you get 10 min practice before hand. Last week me and the wife walked away with $35 in prize cash (she won $25 for last woman standing). Most of the people there are good bowlers, so it's fun to learn new things and hang out. They all do the strike pots and try to win the big $$. I guess no one has yet to get the no head-pin strike.

Here is the payouts and the basics of the game: http://www.peakbowl.com/ColorPin.html

Jord_84
03-22-2009, 12:27 AM
I love doing that, last time my hubby and I went moonlight bowling with the color pins, we walked out with 30 bucks more than what we paid to get in....plus we won 3 rounds of drinks for the couples on our lanes!
unfortunately, it seems like all the centers around me have stopped running moonlights like that, and now they only do them for fundraisers....which don't use the same system. It's still fun, but a lot harder to win anything.

ThongPrincess
03-22-2009, 12:54 AM
unfortunately, it seems like all the centers around me have stopped running moonlights like that, and now they only do them for fundraisers....which don't use the same system. It's still fun, but a lot harder to win anything.

In my area I haven't seen Moonlight Bowling or Monte Carlo in years. I used to go at least a few times a month back in the 80s. They also had Blue Chip and Gold Stamp bowling. I used to get a ton of stamps and used them for the little things we really didn't have the money to buy. The Gold Stamps could be exchanged for gift certificates for Von's Market or Sears, we'd go for the Sears rather than groceries :)

It is so funny to hear people insist the colored pins are smaller then the regular pins. They do often look smaller. I hated having the dark colored pin in the corner, I'd always manage to leave it up :eek:

11 in a row
03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
speaking of moonlight bowling in my local center they used to give out free games and free cd,s etc if a radio sation was there giving away stuff for color head pin strikes but not now. all we do now is pay what amf has for what they call now extreme bowling from 10pm to closing for $19.55 .so this is what i do now on the weekends in regards to moonlight bowling now.. it,s still alot of fun. especially when you are already half blind to start with:D.

MH1313
04-03-2009, 06:12 PM
i used to love moonlight bowling. at my old center we used to get money back for covering strikes with certain colored pins...or if you left the headpin and it was colored you won money...I tell ya I never got soo good at missing the headpin than when I was playing that shot!

BowlingChica
04-07-2009, 12:17 AM
They don't have Monte Carlo anymore here! :( However, on my Thursday league, we play Monte Carlo for our fun day on the last day! I like it and wish places around here still did it!

Seamistlark
04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
We went Cosmic Bowling on Friday with our sons. We had great time til the two guys next to us started with the horse playing. one of them ended up breaking the other guy's hand. He ripped the ball out on the backswing. and broke his thumb.
On the bright side, I took one for the team, and dumped my tenth frame shot to let my oldest beat me one game. All I had to do was strike and 8 fill and I would have beat him, but he was on his best game yet and I didn't want tocheat him out of anything. He ended with a 198 throwing 5 strikes and an eight count. If he ever learns to control his hook, more consistantly, I will be in trouble.

The KingPin
04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
They don't have Monte Carlo anymore here! :( However, on my Thursday league, we play Monte Carlo for our fun day on the last day! I like it and wish places around here still did it!

We need to do it here?

Graaille
04-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Ok, forgive me but I've gotta ask. Is Monte Carlo is the same as Color Pin? I'd not heard of color pin bowling before, and now I've at least seen their version of the rules (per the link).

Also, the no headpin strike - is that the same as what we call the domino strike - only you miss the headpin?