PDA

View Full Version : Barnes named female bowler of the year

onefrombills
03-24-2009, 04:09 AM
Lynda Barnes of Double Oak, Texas, has earned Female Bowler of the Year honors after winning back-to-back titles and $80,000 in prize money in the United States Bowling Congress Queens and USBC Clash of Bowling Champions.

Barnes received 53 first-place votes for 331 points to out-distance Liz Johnson, of Cheektowaga, N.Y., who had 281 points (36); and Carolyn Dorin-Ballard of Keller, Texas, with 192 points (12).

This was Barnes’ first Bowling Writers Association of America Female Bowler of the Year title, although she was named the association’s Amateur Female Bowler of the Year in 1991, 1998 and 2001.

“Lynda had a wonderful year after joining our staff early in 2008 and I’m excited for her earning this award in her first year with Columbia 300,” said Columbia 300 brand manager Chad Murphy. “She has always been a great player and knowing she had so much success immediately after switching to our equipment is just another stamp that Columbia 300 is back on the map; I’m happy for her and her family.”

The nod is even more heartening because the writers vote on the winner, Lynda said.

“I had been working hard on my game and was really committed to this year starting with the Queens. All the hard work coupled with the new Columbia 300 products were a great match,” she said. “This is a great honor to have won this award knowing that the writers vote on it. They are in and around the game all year long and it’s feels good to be mentioned along with the past winners of this award.”

Based in Hopkinsville, Ky., Ebonite International, Inc. is a privately-owned company that currently services bowling centers, distributors and retail outlets both domestically and internationally. The company’s consumer product brands include Ebonite, Hammer, Robby’s, Columbia 300, Track and Powerhouse™. Its commercial product brands are Ebonite VanTech Capital Equipment and Ebonite Bowling Center Direct.