PDA

View Full Version : Whats on TV thread

The KingPin
03-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Ok so maybe you are not an American Idol or Dancing with the Stars fan, but you watch the history channel?

Maybe The Deadliest Catch?

Let us know what you watch and how the show is going do far?

Seamistlark
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
My wife has gotten me hooked on "The Big Bang" show on Mondays. We also watch "2 and a Half Men" . That seems to be the only shows we watch together. I DVR "Ghost Hunters" on Wednesday, as this is League night, and watch it over the weekend. We have gotten in the habit of having the TV on during the day on the weekends just to have noise. We set it the Food Network.
I still watch "New Yankee Workshop" and "This Old House" when ever I can. I do miss Bob Vila on T O H, he was a bigger tool then anything Norm had in his shop.:D

Jord_84
03-25-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm big on "The First 48", "Intervention", "Paranormal State", "Family Guy", "Southpark", "Hells Kitchen", "Dirty Jobs", and "Mythbusters".
My husband watches "Ice Road Truckers"...he drives a truck OTR, and those guys make his job seem sooo much better lol

The KingPin
03-25-2009, 11:15 PM
My wife has gotten me hooked on "The Big Bang" show on Mondays. We also watch "2 and a Half Men" . That seems to be the only shows we watch together. I DVR "Ghost Hunters" on Wednesday, as this is League night, and watch it over the weekend. We have gotten in the habit of having the TV on during the day on the weekends just to have noise. We set it the Food Network.
I still watch "New Yankee Workshop" and "This Old House" when ever I can. I do miss Bob Vila on T O H, he was a bigger tool then anything Norm had in his shop.:D

That is great. Every time I watch any cooking show I never make anything that looks like what they make.:)

Seamistlark
03-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Years ago there was a Cajun cook, Justin Wilson, on PBS. My wife was working Saturdays at the time and I was home alone with my oldest son. We watched this man make Jambalia(Spelling?) and my son said it looked good. When the show was over we went to the store and bought the ingredience for the recipe. I started making this stuff and when it came time to add the rice I added the "Bag" of rice. This stuff started growing and expanding in the pot. :eek:I kept moving it into other pots on the stove and it kept growing. Three large pots and a Crockpot later it was ready. Yes, it was good, but it lasted almost all week. I was bringing it to work, giving it away and eating it at night. I have not made it since. My wife has let me watch cooking shows again as long as I behave and I'm supervised.:D

Jord_84
03-27-2009, 03:27 PM
that's too funny.
I've nicknamed my husband "the clumsy gourmet" and he's completely banned from my kitchen.
The grease fire on my stove top was the straw that broke the camel's back.
lol

MH1313
04-03-2009, 06:07 PM
as previously stated...mondays at 7pm central starts the best hour and a half of tv in history in my opinion...

big bang theory, how i met your mother, 2.5 men...instant classics almost every week!

ArtVandelay
04-04-2009, 02:15 PM
baseball is so close. so very very close. I'm watching preseason right now, Sawks and mets

ebowler
04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Right now, Mega Movers is on.

We like most any foodie show. there are a few, Rachael Ray, The Neely's, and the likes we just can"t watch.

Good Eats if my favorite, and then Diners Drive-In's and Dives.

Seamistlark
04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Love Triple D on Food. He has a great car as well.
I will get to watch the Sawks tonite. They play the Rays. so they are on local.

kev3inp
04-08-2009, 05:08 AM
I'm into the History Channel, Discovery and Nat Geo. We're both into the Food Network, as evidenced by my ever expanding waistline. Some of the recipes on there are really good. Check out Secrets of a Restaurant Chef. She's hilarious.

dpmusic70
04-19-2009, 11:38 AM
My favorites right now are all the crime shows like all of the CSI's-Criminal Minds and Cold Case.

comfortably numb
07-27-2011, 03:15 PM
DVR is great...no longer have to watch commercials; my wife and I DVR: White Collar, Memphis Blues, In Plain Sight, House, and Alphas. We are getting so old we even DVR Jeopardy!!! ( I miss Art Fleming).

The Mayor
07-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I love Jeopardy (don't DVR it though).

There are so many good shows out these days, it's crazy. I'd say that TV has taken over movies when it comes to original content.

No Reservations, Boardwalk Empire, True Blood, Swamp People, The Big C, Hung, Eastbound & Down, The Borgias, Louie, Wilfred, The Walking Dead, The Office, Community, Childrens Hospital, Bizarre Eats, Survivor...

There's more too...

Damn, I watch too much TV...

Trex
07-30-2011, 08:25 PM
I can't find anything except king of Queens, nothing else on it seems....lol