PDA

View Full Version : Site color thoughts?

The KingPin
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Hello to all,

It has been brought to my attention that BowlingBoards.com is too bright and light in color?

Do you agree with this? Or do you feel it all works well for you?

Any and all comments are appreciated

Jord_84
03-26-2009, 03:47 PM
it's bright but it's easy to read

The KingPin
03-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Would you say too bright? I am thinking maybe a scaled down blue site may work better for some? What do you think?

Jord_84
03-26-2009, 04:05 PM
yeah, it might be a touch too bright. The blue might look nice.
you could change the colors slightly and then make a poll to see which version people prefer?
just a thought

The KingPin
03-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Maybe we will do that. Great Idea

The KingPin
03-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Ok so we are switching some stuff around, tell me what you think of the new logo? colors etc.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Jord_84
03-29-2009, 01:19 AM
I like the new header at the top of the page!

The KingPin
03-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Of course it is a work in progress

onefrombills
03-29-2009, 04:14 AM
i like the new logo and the blue added makes this easier to read

The KingPin
03-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Here at BowlingBoards.com I believe every member has a voice. I may not be able to make everyone happy, yet if you are going to spend time somewhere online, you should have the right to say what it looks like.

I hope it is looking better for everyone.

Chris

alltenback
03-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Hello to all,

It has been brought to my attention that BowlingBoards.com is too bright and light in color?

Do you agree with this? Or do you feel it all works well for you?

Any and all comments are appreciated

I Digg it the way it is. Sometime change isn't good. :D

bowl1820
03-29-2009, 01:46 PM
I'd lose the page curl by the logo, it's a beginner's looking site element.

Also it causes a illusion that the pea green bowling ball beside it is oval shaped not round.

The KingPin
03-29-2009, 06:45 PM

Also it causes a illusion that the pea green bowling ball beside it is oval shaped not round.

I appreciate your thoughts and noted.

bowl1820
03-29-2009, 07:22 PM
That looks better.

onefrombills
03-29-2009, 07:43 PM

I agrre about that fold and I like that it has been fixed. ;)

alltenback
03-29-2009, 07:46 PM
I appreciate your thoughts and noted.

It didnt' bother me either way.

It made sence that you wanted to show that there was hardwood underneath the carpet hahahha?

Either way could of lived with it or with out it.

You are never going to please everyone. I found that early in life.

The KingPin
03-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone.

Well although you cannot please everyone, I am going to try.

BowlingBoards.com is a bowlers site.

Some site claim that they are a site for bowlers by bowlers and such, which is fine. Yet I believe that you take the elements of a great bowling site and break the rules.

So I am in the progress of having different skins for different users.

So say for an example you enjoy a darker theme, I am working on it as a few people have been able to check it out.

And I may even do a black theme with white text. But one at a time. I want people to feel that they do have a voice. If a person tells me they want a pink version of this site I would do it.

BowlingBoards.com is a true bowlers site, where each member has a voice.

Chris

onefrombills
03-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I NOW WANT !!!!!!

The bowlingboards.com logo to have chris's face on it

Jord_84
03-30-2009, 07:56 PM
The bowling balls next to different sections of the forums....I kind of liked them when they were a little bit brighter.

I've found that I don't notice when someone has made new posts in a forum because the colors aren't bright enough to grab my attention. Anyone else having that problem?

Jord_84
03-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I NOW WANT !!!!!!

The bowlingboards.com logo to have chris's face on it

We could make a "real life picture thread"....and share pictures of ourselves, our equipment, the houses we bowl at or just anything bowling related.

The KingPin
03-30-2009, 08:02 PM
We could make a "real life picture thread"....and share pictures of ourselves, our equipment, the houses we bowl at or just anything bowling related.

Will take the new post ball color into account.

With the pictures question, actually we have an Album features for the site where is you look in you USER CP you can add pictures of yourself, family, equipment,almost whatever you like. Some members have already done this.

If you need help, let me know

Chris

The KingPin
03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
The bowling balls next to different sections of the forums....I kind of liked them when they were a little bit brighter.

I've found that I don't notice when someone has made new posts in a forum because the colors aren't bright enough to grab my attention. Anyone else having that problem?

Changed back. I hope it helps