PDA

View Full Version : 15 strikes in a row caught on tape

alltenback
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
:DMy last practice seshion I was bowling in the zone. I didn't even realize untill I played the tape back that I rolled 15 straight strikes. The link of the video is below

http://alltenback.com/video/15strikesinarow/

The video is unedited but I fastforwarded through the sections when the pins are re-racking and I am walking over to the other lane to roll my next ball.

Otherwise the video be even more boring then it already is and also 12 minutes long.
:D

mikeyyy44805
05-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Dude you are so flippin goooood!

alltenback
05-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Dude you are so flippin goooood!

I think that is a compliment.

Or at least I will take it as a compliment.

Thanks

Evilash71
05-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Goes to show that if you can get in a that zone and just think about the next shot you can really accomplish quite a bit. Difficult to do though as we all know because you start thinking of your score and such. So yeah, this is pretty good stuff and good example of this notion that we should, "focus on this shot."

alltenback
05-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Goes to show that if you can get in a that zone and just think about the next shot you can really accomplish quite a bit. Difficult to do though as we all know because you start thinking of your score and such. So yeah, this is pretty good stuff and good example of this notion that we should, "focus on this shot."

Yeah it was like a shut my brain off. I wasn't even trying that hard either. I was basicly dumping the ball out of my hand. Plus I was on the lane by myself too so that really helps.

The lanes didn't change with other peeps rolling there balls.

Thanks for the reply and the compliment.

kev3inp
05-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Isn't it amazing how you can groove it when it's not in competition? I tend to strike a lot in practice, but when the games start it seems to disappear.

alltenback
05-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Isn't it amazing how you can groove it when it's not in competition? I tend to strike a lot in practice, but when the games start it seems to disappear.

Yeah it is totally amazing. I hardly ever strike in that 5 minutes of practice before the league starts but my Dad usually never misses then the first frame starts and it is like he never bowled in his life.

I find if I can shut my brain off it seems to work best. My bowling is almost like a dance step. If I can get in a good rythm i turn into "sir Strikes a lot" =)

Hammerguy529
05-25-2009, 11:24 PM
that was an awesome video....I feel like bowling now... Your awesome bud!

alltenback
05-26-2009, 10:22 AM
that was an awesome video....I feel like bowling now... Your awesome bud!

I don't know if I am "awesome" but thanks for the boost of confidence. If I can only bowl 15 strikes in a row in USBC league play. I would love me one of them rings. :D

Iceman
05-27-2009, 12:20 PM
1 thing I saw and noticed, you started rolling the ball earlier on the lane on the right side, couldn't tell on the left lane, was this intentional. I saw a few balls that slid in middle and held. Looked like a THS. I'm not trying to say it was wrong, cause in the zone, everything works, just curious as I have video taped before and saw the longer I go - the more I tend to lose the follow through or loft.

alltenback
05-27-2009, 12:39 PM
yeah it is a Typical House Shot. I was actually testing out someone elses bowling ball. The span was the same as mine but the finger holes where a little tight. So when I was rolling the ball it was like I was dumping it out of my hand. I was basicly letting the ball do all the work.

The oil was set up perfect that night and felt like it was cheating. It was a fresh oil pattern too so it was easy to make the transitions when i needed to but I didn't have to move much.

Thanks for the reply

1 thing I saw and noticed, you started rolling the ball earlier on the lane on the right side, couldn't tell on the left lane, was this intentional. I saw a few balls that slid in middle and held. Looked like a THS. I'm not trying to say it was wrong, cause in the zone, everything works, just curious as I have video taped before and saw the longer I go - the more I tend to lose the follow through or loft.