PDA

View Full Version : New Member from NY

Ladyk
03-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Hi all . . . new to this forum, not so new to bowling! Have a history of female bowlers in my family. My grandmother was a 140 average bowler back in the day (1940's) my mom was a faithful 160+ bowler back in her day (1970-80's) and I am a 180's-90 bowler, hoping to eventually be a steady 200+ and my daughter who is graduating high school this year will surely beat my average soon! She currently bowls 4-5 times a week and enters many youth scholarship tourneys. It sure made me try to hone my skills (?), can't let her catch me too fast! LOL :p

Coach 3G
03-30-2009, 01:39 AM
out of curiosity, what house do you bowl at? I'm originally from Long Island. Used to bowl at Sports Plus in Ronkonkoma which apparently closed down recently. I usually bowl at West Babylon when I visit home now.

The KingPin
03-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi all . . . new to this forum, not so new to bowling! Have a history of female bowlers in my family. My grandmother was a 140 average bowler back in the day (1940's) my mom was a faithful 160+ bowler back in her day (1970-80's) and I am a 180's-90 bowler, hoping to eventually be a steady 200+ and my daughter who is graduating high school this year will surely beat my average soon! She currently bowls 4-5 times a week and enters many youth scholarship tourneys. It sure made me try to hone my skills (?), can't let her catch me too fast! LOL :p

Wow what a great history!!!

Well I am Honored that you are here and if you Need anything please do let me know.

Don't forget about our bowling ball giveaway!!!

Chris

mrbowler88
03-30-2009, 10:57 AM
I read your post. My son at 18 was very close to passing me by. By the time he was 20 he did. He now averages in averages 210 + range at age 21.

The KingPin
03-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Wow what a great avg, does he give lessons?

Ladyk
03-31-2009, 12:45 AM
I read your post. My son at 18 was very close to passing me by. By the time he was 20 he did. He now averages in averages 210 + range at age 21.

It goes quick doesn't it! Did it bother you much or were you just really proud? (as you should be!) I don't think it will take her until she's 20 tho, she's 18 now and her b/f is a 220 average so she gets lots of tips from him! I think it will be a matter of months truth be told. She's become my inspiration when I felt I was at a dead-end and couldn't go any further.

Ladyk
03-31-2009, 12:51 AM
out of curiosity, what house do you bowl at? I'm originally from Long Island. Used to bowl at Sports Plus in Ronkonkoma which apparently closed down recently. I usually bowl at West Babylon when I visit home now.

I primarily bowl at Centereach and have for about 21 years. I never left there to go to the "NEW" house (Sports Plus) which didn't last anyway. Many of those bowlers wound up back at Centereach. Growing up I started in Captree Lanes (West Islip) which hasn't been there for years now. Then I migrated to West Babylon (born and raised on the south shore) and Sayville while also commuting to Centereach. I evenutally moved east so now its a short drive to my bowling house!:D

kev3inp
03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Greetings, glad to have you aboard. "The Island" has a special place in my heart as that's the place my wife is from. She's from Franklin Square. ( I make fun of her accent when it slips out and she makes fun of mine.)

onefrombills
04-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Hello and welcome to the site ....If there is ANYTHING that you need just ask .....Chris ( IM just joking were all here to help each other out)