PDA

View Full Version : Can't Extend Arm

ABrzoska
03-30-2009, 03:22 AM
So, when I approach and I get to the back swing, I can't seem to extend my arm fully behind me. I Keep the ball to my side and my elbow bent for the entire pull back. I beleive this is effecting my shot by adding to much spin on the ball. I seem to be getting way to many Brooklyns or missing the lead pin every time. Any advice would be appreicated.

MH1313
03-30-2009, 11:28 AM
So, when I approach and I get to the back swing, I can't seem to extend my arm fully behind me. I Keep the ball to my side and my elbow bent for the entire pull back. I beleive this is effecting my shot by adding to much spin on the ball. I seem to be getting way to many Brooklyns or missing the lead pin every time. Any advice would be appreicated.

how large is your backswing? Can you do it while standing still? do you have stiff shoulders?

I'm not sure if this helps at all but when I'm trying something new, I work on it standing first. Just swing the ball while I'm stationary or taking one step. Go through the steps nice and slow...work up to it.

Go in and practice. I took 6yrs off of bowling, and completely lost my stroke...after leage I'd bowl an additional 3 games just to work on my shot. I wouldn't worry about spares, I'd just throw strike ball after strike ball until they all felt the same and "good".