PDA

View Full Version : love the end of the season.

bigern523
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I love when the season is getting down to the end . Battles for first are heating up . Watching what other teams are doing every week to see if they are helping you or hurting you . Some people start pressing and fold up . Others take it to another level .
This year , we are in good position . The best scenario would be that we get to bowl this team of young guys in the rolloff in 2 weeks . I coached everyone of them . Its cool to see them bowling good in adult leagues now . I know how they are .They want to bowl me too .
Its a fun time of the season .

maverick_124
04-15-2009, 01:40 PM
my team is in 2nd (first time EVER) 5 points out of 1st adn 2 points out of 4th lol very very close this season! onyl 6 weeks to go!! :D

Jord_84
04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
I made out with a cool $115 bucks from my banquet yesterday.

$59 for 1st place team
$11 for team high series hdcp
$25 for high average (would have also had high game scratch, high game hdcp, and high series...but I had to share with the other ladies)
$20 just because it was left over after we paid for the banquet

I love gettin paid at the end of the season!

MH1313
04-15-2009, 02:19 PM
I too am pretty jacked!

We have position rounds this week...Tonight we are in 1st (already won 3rd quarter) and stand a very good chance to win again as we already have a small cushion! Tomorrow we are in 3rd but only back by 4 games, this league is the team where I bowl with a guy whose bowling ball is the 3rd oldest member of our team...he bought it in '74.

I've also been averaging 60+pins over handicap every series for the last two months...I"M LOVIN IT

bigern523
04-17-2009, 11:39 PM
we won 5 points thursday night . unfortunatly, so did the first and second place teams . we are still in third , 1 point behind second 4 behind first (7 point system). we have to hope for the second place team to win 5 of 7 and we have to win 7 to get first . we dont have our destiny in are own hands . BUT we have a chance .

Graaille
04-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Well, I'm not in a sanctioned league, but there's still bragging rights to be won. My group isn't really in contention for first place as a team, but I'm #2 as far as men's scratch totals go.

I just wish it was as impressive as it sounds.

kev3inp
04-19-2009, 08:56 AM
We're in second currently, but the 1st place team is so far ahead they've pretty much locked it. They'd have to lose all games for the remaining weeks to lose their spot. The best thing about the end of the season is losing our "problem child" for the summer league and going to NC for the Gathering in July.

bigern523
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Well it didnt work out . We won 5 points , but so did the first place team . We moved up to second . Bright spot was that I won 150.00 in pot money . BONUS .
We got in there and the lanes were tight .2 of my teammates would move enough right and struggled the first game . It ended up costing us the first game . Our eliminator cut was real low the first game as a result of the tight lanes , so I made the cut with 216 . I came back with 225 . Made the cut . We were the last ones done so I knew I needed a mark in the 10th to win the eliminator and strike out for series pot . I left the fast 8 first shot in the 10th . Spared and stuck for 248 .1st in the eliminator and the high game pot . A cool 150.00 . Nice way to end the year .