PDA

View Full Version : Recent Video

Strike Domination
04-17-2009, 01:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Reeyz6JujQQ

Any opinions would be appreciated. I see a few things I don't like and have made some efforts to change them.

Az_Bowler
04-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Things look good. Your body type resembles that of myself so i may be able to help a little, I'm 6'3 with a skinny frame. Consider adding more knee bend, it seems like you are giving yourself stiff leg at the trigger point. This will cause your shoulders get too involved with the shot in addition to late timing. This late timing may also force you to come around the ball at the trigger point which lends itself to corner pins. Also consider your trail leg at the finish line. Think of your leg as a cats tail, it only moves to counteract balance issues. Your open hand posture in the back swing is acceptable. Remember to cut down on moving parts! The less moving parts, the more repeatable the shot is. I hope this helps. Good luck and good scores.

playbowl
04-24-2009, 10:08 AM
SD

Good advice above. The cat's tail comparison is a great way to get a point across. When we recognize what another bowler is doing, I refer to it as "telegraphing" for lack of a better term. Unfortunately, unless you know what to look for you'll never see it. You are a solid bowler and probably average 210.
Balance is the item to be concerned with as the rest will start to take care of itself. More knee bend will help with the balance and in addition to that add the use of your left arm. This is easy to incorporate.The two PBA players that "telegraph " this the best are PDW and Chris Barnes. This will help you freeze your feet at the foul line until you are able to see where the ball finishes in the pit. The current exempt player you remind me of is Ronnie Russell. He does a lot of things right. Watch how his hips move compared to yours and a lot of things should just begin to fall into place.

Strike Domination
04-28-2009, 04:57 AM
I think I see the stiff leg thing you're talking about, then I get into the knee bend. So it's not that I don't have the knee bend, it's that I'm not using it at the right time, is that it? Honestly I think that's just another sign, in addition to the way I use my trail leg, that I'm not balanced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it really stems from a timing or control problem.

I'm 6'1 myself. I average about 205 in that house, but it's not exactly what we call a THS. So I guess I do okay for the problems I have. I would like to get to a point where I'm very solid at the line, such as the pros and some other people I've seen.

Az_Bowler
04-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Extra knee bend should help you get your hips underneath you, which should equate to better balance and proper leverage. In your video, when you enter the slide your leg locks up which forces your hips out to the left side, at the same time your trail leg causes your hips to tilt down so your leg can swing up into the air. This will also cause a laydown point that is outside your body. The pros that do this the best are richie wolfe, david ozio, mike machuga. Overall, add some knee bend, feel your hips under you and finish so your'll trail leg is like 3-5 inches from the ground. Good luck and good scores.

playbowl
04-30-2009, 12:48 PM
"I guess I do okay for the problems I have.I would like to get to a point where I'm very solid at the line, such as the pros and some other people I've seen."

This is balance, not timing. Whatever your timing is, is your timing. What is right for you is what gets you balanced at the foul line with proper transfer of energy into the ball. One of the most "balanced" bowlers I have ever seen is Shannon Pluhowsky. She does not move her feet until the sweep comes down. Would you agree she is balanced at the line?

At 205 average you are doing well for a young bowler. Keep refining what you have that works well. AZ bowler above has pointed out 3 great bowlers with great timing, balance and preferred knee bend. Watch them closely.

Strike Domination
04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't know about Pluhowsky but when I think good balance I think Mike Machuga and Chris Barnes. I actually refer to those two and David Ozio for solid fundamentals. I do think timing is connected to balance but maybe my timing is good enough that it shouldn't be what's affecting my balance. So if it's not that, I think it's that I'm not driving into the slide as much as I should be, or maybe I'm not sliding enough. Perhaps the slide step itself should be bigger.

Either way, I will work on getting the knee bent in the slide.

mikeyyy44805
05-08-2009, 05:10 PM
wow man.. you look realllyyy good! :)

mike121
12-09-2009, 02:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Reeyz6JujQQ

Any opinions would be appreciated. I see a few things I don't like and have made some efforts to change them.

it is not very good video , it is only good video. here is no excitement, so see this video and tell your reviews.