PDA

View Full Version : Today is sort of an anniversary

dpmusic70
04-17-2009, 05:53 PM
I am so excited that today is an anniversary for me and my husband Kevin. Kevin and I met each other in person for the 1st time today in 2001, so that would be 8 years ago today. You see ,we met each other online but this is the day we met in person for the 1st time. We both share a love of the Beatles and we met each other in a Beatles club on Yahoo. The 1st restaurant we went to was Chili's so every year we go back on the 17th to celebrate our 1st meeting. ;)

No Open Tenths
04-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Beatles, FTW!!
Hopefully someday I'll be as lucky as it sounds you have been.

dpmusic70
04-18-2009, 06:37 AM
Yes I have been extremely lucky! Does anyone else out there love the Beatles? Do you have a favorite album? Kev and I always listen to Joe Johnson's Beatle Brunch every Sunday morning.

kev3inp
04-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Just as added info, the program (Beatle Brunch) is on at different times (and sometimes days) all over the country. The site is www.brunchradio.com. There's a list of stations that carry it and what time, or you can pick from stations that stream their programming live.

They do a "Mind Games Question" every week, too. They'll ask about something that they talked about on the show, and there's a 4 item multiple choice to pick for the answer. If you win you get something Beatle related. We've won Paul's "Chaos and Creation" CD, and the "Plastic Ono Band Live" CD in different contests.

We listen on the "flagship station," WMXJ, from down here in Pompano Beach, Sunday mornings 10 to 11 eastern time. Unless it gets pre-empted for "hurricane coverage," then I think I've listened from a Canadian station in Vancouver just a little later in the morning.

If you're really into the Beatles you might want to consider attending one of the "Fest for Beatles Fans" locations. There are 3 every year, one in the NY area, one in Chicago, and now one in Las Vegas, where you can see Cirque de Soleil do their Beatles tribute, Love. We try to get to the one in Chicago every few years when we can afford it.

Jord_84
04-18-2009, 12:35 PM
cute story!

I'm constantly listening to either "Abbey Road" or the Beatles "1" album....that album has all of my favorites on it.

dpmusic70
04-19-2009, 11:42 AM
I prefer the early Bealtes like Rubber Soul,Meet the Beatles and Beatles VI

No Open Tenths
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I'd have to say the White album and Revolver are my favorites, but it's all good!

mike121
08-05-2009, 04:29 AM
its my parents anniversary today,and to be honest i sort of forgot until now because i saw my dad bringing flowers in.Okay so i forgot but what can i do/make for them?

branstew
08-05-2009, 08:12 AM
its my parents anniversary today,and to be honest i sort of forgot until now because i saw my dad bringing flowers in.Okay so i forgot but what can i do/make for them?

Bake a cake. everyone likes a cake even more if it is home made.;)

onefrombills
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Congrats you kids !

jBryan
08-06-2009, 03:46 AM
congrats to you both!