PDA

View Full Version : I have an obsession with calendars

dpmusic70
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Kevin and I went around the house and counted how many calendars we have and the final count was 24! :eek: All our days are numbered. Does anyone else have any interesting collections? We also have quite a large Beatle related items collection.

kakcpa
04-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm not a calendar collector(was when I was little), but I'm a freak about time, the calendar, related trivia and little known facts, etc.

kev3inp
04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
I think it's like having cheap art around the house. Or that's what I tell myself. We always have every Beatles calendar available, one from the original series of Star Trek, and I'm fond of WWII aircraft, so we have a couple of those.

If you're really into interesting bits of trivia you should check out the "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" series. I think I have 19 of them now.

Jord_84
04-19-2009, 08:59 PM
omg! I've got like 5 of the "Big John's Bathroom Reader" books.
Those books are so awesome. They're the source of all my useless knowledge!

No Open Tenths
04-21-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm not much of a bowler..... but man can I collect bowling balls.:)
I have 40+ throughout the house and even have a bedroom that I call the ballroom.

The KingPin
04-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow that is a lot of calendars. Hmm as I look around I have... well nothing to equal your calendars. I am sad now.

dpmusic70
04-24-2009, 07:23 AM
That's ok you can always buy more next year. I even have a Dark Shadows calendar that I get every year from the website.

kev3inp
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Psst! Save your cash and buy them after the first of the year when they become half-price! You didn't hear that from me. This conversation never happened.

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 09:17 AM
40 bowling balls!!!!! Wow I want that collection! I collected bottle caps. Mainly from all the beer I drink. I have plenty of 16oz red plastic cups filled with them all over my room. Not the best thing I can say about myself but its true. Kind of a habbit now.

kev3inp
04-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I collected bottle caps. Mainly from all the beer I drink. I have plenty of 16oz red plastic cups filled with them all over my room. Not the best thing I can say about myself but its true. Kind of a habit now.

Before I moved down here I had a lot of them myself. I liked the ones from Red Dog with the little sayings or puzzles on the insides.

Ah, beer. Every couple of weeks we go to Whole Foods or one of the better stocked liquor stores and look for interesting beers to try. Sometimes we actually have a particular one in mind from my "beer a day" calendar.

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 02:18 PM
My mother every year for Christmas gets me one of those Beers Around the World. Its cool. Has like 12 differenent types of beers from all different countries. Some are great and some are like omg! WT F were you thinkin!

kev3inp
04-25-2009, 02:22 PM
The one I've got is a desktop tear off calendar that has a different beer for each day. After a while you get to learn the way the guy writes and which ones you might need to avoid.