PDA

View Full Version : I Love This Game!!! *RANT*

Seamistlark
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Saturday Night was the most aggrevaiting night of my life so far. I started practice throwing 5 strikes and 2 ten pin leaves, and picked up both. Got up to bowl the first game and had a group of drunks on our right that showed up after practice. They were 2 lanes over and playing Grab-a$$ with each other. I went to throw my first ball and I get blinded by a camera flash. I went through the nose by missing 4 boards left,4-6-10. I ask them to refrain from flash pictures during League and get a F@*+ You response. I throw my second ball and pick up the 6-10. Each time I would go up they would get louder and more vulger.in their comments. The rest of my team was left alone. I went up to the desk and let them know what was happening, and they talked to them twice. It would get better for a frame and then would start up again.
I ended the first game with a 133, which put me in a foul mood.:mad:
I went into the Lounge and had a coffee while the other team went out to smoke. When I came back the drunks were gone and my wife said that the Manager came over and asked them to leave. I felt better about the situation and tried to get back into my "Game Zone" as my wife calls it. I threw a 198 and a191 to finish the night. I was still a little upset but at least I ended better then I started.
My question is:
How do your houses treat these types of situations when they happen? :confused:
and
Do most houses treat Leagues as well as they deserve to be treated?
After all we are the ones who come back week after week, and year after year.
Just a rant.

playbowl
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Seamistlark

You added 1 step in the equation that didn't need to be there which was confronting them directly. Their rationale is that they pay the same as you to bowl there which explains the rude response. You don't know what situations in their lives causes aberrant behavior and most likely don't want to know. The proprietor is always who you should turn to first if you are uncomfortable with another patron. Dealing with it is their responsibility.
I am sure that the remark sent your blood pressure up and your ability to focus on each shot was gone.

Check out the Mental Game posts on this site and learn how to keep your emotions and concentration in focus.
Thank the proprietor for handling the situation.

No Open Tenths
04-20-2009, 06:49 PM
I actually try to go bowl glowbowl on the weekends so that I can learn to tune these kind of things out. That does not excuse their behavior in the slightest and has already been stated the house is the one that should deal with them.
To answer your other question, no, I do not believe that league bowlers are treated aas well as they should. It seems that houses believe that they can fill the lanes with open bowlers and make the same money, unfortunatel I don't believe that open bowlers respect the house the same as league bowlers do. I think it costs the house more in the long run to cater to recreational bowlers as opposed to league bowlers.

Graaille
04-21-2009, 10:02 PM
I must be in the minority because my league bowls in a house that has a strict "no alcohol" policy. You can't buy it there, you can't bring it in, and if you smell of it when you walk in, you're asked to walk right back out.

Now of the two other houses in the area - Creekside (home of Magic Carpet Ron Clifton) serves alcohol - but the league nights there have the house pretty well packed, so there isn't an option for the open bowlers to get a lane - much less irritate the league bowlers.
Jonestown (aka. Candyland) is a different story. Unless there is a major hue/outcry from the wait staff, you can come in blasted, make an adz of yourself, and they may say something -- but I've not seen them eject anyone.

Jord_84
04-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Fortunately for my house....the majority of the idiots and teenagers seem to come during non-league hours.

I guess this morning....some teenagers had 8 balls in the gutters on lanes 23 & 24....along with a couple pairs of shoes.
One shoe actually got pushed into the back and got jammed in the machine.
They also broke the sweep in half....
Then another teenager punched and broke the plexi-glass on a toy crane machine.
And pretty much all of them kept scamming my mother out of money by trying to claim that the pop and candy machines were eating their money.

I friggin LOATHE rude teenagers!!!!!! grrrr!

Whitelightning
04-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Huh..sorry..different point of view..I think he did somewhat the right thing. Drunks, drinkers whatever one calls it would of reacted the same way if he had approached them with a dozen roses. Ok, drinking, but maybe they just didnt know the proper behavior with the Sport. Drinking didnt help but asking or telling before the Mgmt. does might of saved them from being thrown out for not knowing the Sport. This case is nothing more than trouble makers in action. If I am at Pool tournamnet and obviously doing some inappropriate for the setting because lack of knowledge for the Sport, I would much rather someone who actually knows the sport tell me about right or wrong. Mgmt. confronting me would **** me off more with the possibility of being thrown out for not knowing etc....IMHO anyway.
ps. I think your first game would of been dificult no matter, difficult overcoming such antics. also IMHO
Best of Luck

comfortably numb
07-27-2011, 02:52 PM
In this day and age, I don't care where you are, the lanes, driving on the freeway or just walking down the street, confrontation CAN get you hurt or killed. You never know who is carrying a weapon and has no conscience whatsoever. I tell my wife that she shouldn't even honk the horn while she drives, 'cause you never know how the other guy might respond. It ain't worth it...just walk or drive away.

Trex
07-30-2011, 02:41 PM
My rant for the day is the ants that bite my leg as I mowed today, It's my yard mr ant!!

Geezzz....I keep telling them it's MY YARD!!!!! LOL