PDA

View Full Version : New Florida Member

Jrock4207
04-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Whats going on Bowling world? New to the site and from what I see so far going to like it a lot. I live in Deltona, Fl also known as Dulltona cuz there is nothing to do here. Started bowling about a year and a half ago. I carry a 186 avg on paper with a high game of 288 scratch and best series being a 685. I am proud to say that I just bowled in the Central Florida Bowlers Classic at Casselberry lanes this past weekend and took Doubles 1st place with my bowling partner Chris Lewis. I shot a 680 with handicap and he shot a 779 with handicap to equal a 1459. I look forward to bettering my game with the help of your great web site and look forward to any info that everyone can provide. Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself.

John
(aka Jrock)

maverick_124
04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
sweet welcome :)

JaxBowlingGuy
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Whats going on Bowling world? New to the site and from what I see so far going to like it a lot. I live in Deltona, Fl also known as Dulltona cuz there is nothing to do here. Started bowling about a year and a half ago. I carry a 186 avg on paper with a high game of 288 scratch and best series being a 685. I am proud to say that I just bowled in the Central Florida Bowlers Classic at Casselberry lanes this past weekend and took Doubles 1st place with my bowling partner Chris Lewis. I shot a 680 with handicap and he shot a 779 with handicap to equal a 1459. I look forward to bettering my game with the help of your great web site and look forward to any info that everyone can provide. Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself.

John
(aka Jrock)

Hey! welcome to the site! I also bowl the FL classics every month. I missed the auto cut 1st shift by 2 pins.. (723).. ugh...lol. .. did you bowl the singles? and if so were you in the semis?

maverick_124
04-21-2009, 04:19 PM
i havnt been in a non-league things for around 6 years lol

kev3inp
04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Greetings, fellow Floridian. I don't believe I've ever stopped there, but next time we drive past on the way to NC we'll wave. ;)

Stormbowler13, I know it's a longshot but by any chance do you know, or have you seen, a guy named Willie up there that throws a backup ball off the wrong foot? He and his girlfriend are avid bowlers in the area. We met him up in NC last year. I was surprised at how well he can bowl like that. He can throw a regular hook off the correct foot, but prefers to do it the other way.

JaxBowlingGuy
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Not that I can recall. There is a lady from GA that throws like that though..lol Next month ill take a better look around

Jrock4207
04-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Stormbowler I did bowl singles. It took me on sunday the last cut at 1pm to make cut. I shot 717 with handicap. Didnt do well though when I made it into the semi's. Finished in 22nd. But I was happy. First time in the 5 times i have bowled the CFBC that I made the semi's. So I was thrilled. And of course with taking doubles it just made the day for me.

JaxBowlingGuy
04-23-2009, 03:14 PM
yea, me and frankie was going to shoot doubles but we both used different partners that squad... if we would of shot 2gether we would of took 2nd...lol..

nickcuban
04-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Welcome ( a little late I know)! I am in DeLand so I know right where you are... well at least the city. That damn place has the most confusing roads in the world. The main 4 or 5 look like a bunch of fishin line knotted up lol. Glad to have you here.

kakcpa
04-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Larry Foote's (from the Pittsburgh Steelers) father bowls off his wrong foot, and he averages 220+ around town. The Foote's are from Detroit. I would never bowl that guy for money. Once he was practicing off to the side where my league bowls, and I was simply amazed!

The KingPin
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM

John
(aka Jrock)

Hello and Welcome to BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

It is great to have you here. If you need anything, please let me know.

Jrock4207
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Storm, Frankie is a great guy. He was one of the first people I met at the tournament. He welcomed my bowling partner Chris and I and showed us the ropes. He has been a great help to our sucess. I thank him all the time for that. Now its always a challenge between us. We crap talk each other so bad its not even funny. But a great guy over all. You bowling next month at Altamonte?

JaxBowlingGuy
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
I should be. I have state the weekend after but i should make it.. I think im know who you are...lol If im nto mistakin we have bowled on the same set... I was talking to Chris down by the standing board during the 2nd squad on sunday.. I always have a black Storm shirt on depending on day its either solid black or black with white down the sides... Also if you are who im think i bowled on the set to your right in the semis....

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 08:36 AM
I think im picturing who you are but I could be wrong. Its all good. If your at the next one we shall meet up. How do you get into bowling city tournaments? I want to try one out but dont have the first clue on how to go about it? And whats the prize fund and entry cost on those?

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 08:37 AM
oh and you said state? How in the heck do you even get that far???? Help me out!!! I wanna be that good!

kev3inp
04-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Come on, anyone can bowl in the state tournament. All you need to have is a USBC card and an average. (and the entry fee!) If state is only a couple hours away we go but if it's far enough that it'd have to be a weekend trip we don't make it. We've bowled it in Stuart and Jupiter, but this year it was too far away for us. If you bowl your city or county tournament you usually get a flyer in the mail about the state one, or the info is available at your local center.

maverick_124
04-25-2009, 12:36 PM
iv never bowled in a tournament...i really wanna but my average is 174 and falling.....

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
But where do I find the listing for the city tournanment cuz there is never any flyers in our alley that tell us when city is? I guess I just need to ask. And Maverick, for someone just wanting to get into tournaments its best to try handicapped tournaments like the Florida Bowlers Classic. I have only bowled with them 5 times and they are a great bounch of people. Check them out at www.floridabowlersclassic.com There next tourney is May 16-17th. Make sure you reg on their site so they can check your average with your league to get ur handicap. Good luck with it if you deceide to go and see you there.

kev3inp
04-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Does your town have a website for the local bowling association? Or perhaps you have an "executive" from the local BA that bowls in your house. You can always call them up and ask what's going on, too, though here in Broward it's seems hard to get a real person on the phone.

The KingPin
04-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Florida has a lot of bowlers

JaxBowlingGuy
04-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Florida has a lot of bowlers

we're just good like that...lol alor of touring pros live here as well

kev3inp
04-28-2009, 04:56 PM
we're just good like that...lol alor of touring pros live here as well

Yes, it's a popular state with pro athletes of all sports because we have no income tax. So far.

Jrock4207
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah but get taxed for everything else out there!