PDA

View Full Version : Turbo vs Vise grips

JaxBowlingGuy
04-21-2009, 09:34 PM
which do you use or like more???

maverick_124
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
whats the diffrence???

cause i see turbo and i think of the thing on a car and i see vise grips and i think of a tool hahahahahaha

Jord_84
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I use vise grips.....because that's what my pro shop sticks in my balls.

Graaille
04-21-2009, 10:27 PM
I use vise grips.....because that's what my pro shop sticks in my balls.

Ditto, but I've tried out TG on balls that I've gotten used, and the difference is minimal to my feel.

onefrombills
04-21-2009, 11:06 PM
im a vise guy

JaxBowlingGuy
04-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I started with vise but and becoming used to the turbo "bumps" since my local shop has went to turbos unless you ask for the vise..

11 in a row
04-22-2009, 01:00 PM
whatever my proshop guy puts in my balls:D

vise grips here i think..

MH1313
04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm fairly positive I have Vise (that name sounds familiar).

Does vise have different density grips? I've noticed in my older equipment the grips have a certain feel to them, but in my most recent ball, the grips almost feel spongier (if thats a word) with slightly more tackiness to them.

I love the new ones a lot more than the old ones!!!

JaxBowlingGuy
04-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm fairly positive I have Vise (that name sounds familiar).

Does vise have different density grips? I've noticed in my older equipment the grips have a certain feel to them, but in my most recent ball, the grips almost feel spongier (if thats a word) with slightly more tackiness to them.

I love the new ones a lot more than the old ones!!!

I think they may have just changed the material..lol Most of your turbo grips have like little bumps in them. Atleast all of my turbos do... ha

MH1313
04-22-2009, 03:00 PM
I think they may have just changed the material..lol Most of your turbo grips have like little bumps in them. Atleast all of my turbos do... ha

yup then I have VISE! I thought turbos had the little bumps. I'm not a fan of those one bit! they feel weird to me, and I can't say they really do much for me ;)

maverick_124
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
well then i got vise grips too

spaztheacman
04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
vise because of my pro shop

Jrock4207
04-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Vise to me is better. Not a big fan of Turbo. Seems that the sizes are off a bit and dont tend stay tacky.

maverick_124
04-27-2009, 12:09 PM
i need to get new grips in my storm lol they are FLAT! but iv had them for near 9 years in that ball haha

Whitelightning
04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Vise to me is better. Not a big fan of Turbo. Seems that the sizes are off a bit and dont tend stay tacky.

Have actually bowled with both. My thinking, it would depend on what you want out of your ball on any given night. Just bowled in the State Tourney in Houston and replaced my vise with Turbo. Funny thing was when teams came around on Sunday, I changed back to Turbo. LOLOL
I can obviously go with either. Right now my Heat has Turbo and my 900 Breaker has Vise.
Go with what serves your release the best IMHO.:)

Strike Domination
04-28-2009, 05:40 AM
I don't like the "bumps" in turbo grips either, luckily my driller carries vise. There's a bit of a different feel between the grips too and I prefer vise for that reason as well.

JAnderson
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM

Grips compress with use over time and become harder. There's probably the natural process of the material losing moisture over time as well. New grips always seem to feel softer and spongier (yes, it is a word) and generally tend to fit better. That's why you often hear advice on changing out your grips every 60 games or so.