PDA

View Full Version : Y do i keep bowling a brooklyn

brian2668
04-23-2009, 09:56 PM
i cant stop what am i doing wrong is it where i am putting my feet or where i am putting the ball

PSBA10
04-23-2009, 11:26 PM
We are going to need more information than that in order to help you. For instance: where do you stand, what are you targeting, and are you hitting your target. Are you releasing the ball properly and not pulling it across in front of you.

Something that would be really helpful is a video.

Graaille
04-23-2009, 11:31 PM
i cant stop what am i doing wrong is it where i am putting my feet or where i am putting the ball

Move to Queens, or maybe Jersey -- no way you'd bowl brooklyn there.....:D

brian2668
04-24-2009, 12:00 AM
i am standing in between the last 2 to left and i am throwing the ball between the second and the third arrrows

dougb
04-24-2009, 09:18 PM
i am standing in between the last 2 to left and i am throwing the ball between the second and the third arrrows

In general, if you miss left, move left. Miss right, move right. This could be the boards that you are standing on and/or the ones you are targeting.

brian2668
04-24-2009, 09:33 PM
i dont understand

Graaille
04-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Think about it this way. If we think about your target -- which you said is between the 2nd and 3rd arrows as a pivot point, if you keep the same target but move your feet left, the ball has no choice but to go farther right (because you're throwing it more towards the right channel)
Think a pair of scissors - keeping one handle in place, if you move the other handle to open the scissors - the tip of that handle moves in the opposite direction.

This assumes that when you move your feet you keep your swing, release, and speed the same.

The other option is, of course, keeping your feet the same, but moving your target further right -- say targeting the 2nd arrow directly. This is actually a more radical move because it moves the entire shot far more than the option of changing your starting position on the approach. In this case your target isn't the pivot point, you are.

Again, this assumes that when you change your target, you're still keeping your swing, release, and speed the same.

Hope that helps somewhat.

brian2668
04-25-2009, 07:44 AM
ok thanks i understand that

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Great wording Graaille. Very nicely put. I havent heard anybody explain it like that. Couldnt think of a batter way to say it myself.

Coach 3G
04-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah Graaille, that scissor analogy is pretty cool, I like it.

Note the following is assuming you are playing on a typical house shot...

Say I'm targeting the tenth board and hitting the mark consistently but still going brooklyn (I call it jersey, but that's a whole other argument) I'll typically move my feet about 4 boards deeper into the lane (if right handed that means move to the left) and keep the target the same. If the ball still jumps and goes brooklyn you are probably playing in a dry area of the lane and would probably want to make a move with your feet and target even deeper.

mikeyyy44805
05-08-2009, 05:35 PM
try to either straiten your wrist a tad bit and throw the same line.... or scoot left and throw your line...

Evilash71
05-23-2009, 10:38 AM

You are standing last two to the left. You will have trouble moving left much further. Are you hitting your target where you want to or missing it?

yeehayashi
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM
There are a few reasons why I will tend to go brooklyn.
(1) my timing is early at the line and i'll tug the ball & run on the high side of the pocket.
(2) the lanes are totally broken down and the backends dry out. I need line up farther left of my approach spot.
(3) my release needs to be scaled back to lower my rev rate or I need to pick up ball speed to overcome the dry conditions or make a ball change to my least agressive reactive ball.

Going Brooklyn usually means I have to be keenly aware of my ball reaction and alert to making adjustments.. fast. One of the things I am working on is my adjustment awareness; I've come to realize that I tend to take way too long before adjusting & it kills my scores.