PDA

View Full Version : Football Season

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Idk about anyone else but I'm sure ready for football season to be here already!

fbushstl
04-25-2009, 10:58 AM
football is approaching fast

Jrock4207
04-25-2009, 02:10 PM
But not soon enough!!! lol...cant get enough!

ArtVandelay
04-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Football season certainly has it's place, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

Allow me to direct your attention to The Great Game of Baseball!!! Nothing is quite like a nice summer's day/evening and a good baseball game.

Football can wait, and I will certainly follow it in due time (once baseball season is in the books!).

Jrock4207
04-28-2009, 06:33 AM
I cant watch baseball....its the slowest game ever to watch!!! I would rather watch curling!!! Baseball is a sport you have to be playing in order to be entertained! My opinion!

ArtVandelay
04-28-2009, 11:14 PM
I cant watch baseball....its the slowest game ever to watch!!! I would rather watch curling!!! Baseball is a sport you have to be playing in order to be entertained! My opinion!

It's only because you don't understand it. Anyone who understands it, likes it. And by understand it, I mean the difference between a splitter and a sinker. The difference between a curve and a 12 to 6 curve. The difference between a 4 seamer and a 2 seamer.... The rules are easy enough to get, it's the pitching that makes the game great. Hitting a baseball is the single most difficult thing to do in all sports. Hockey players are the greatest athletes in all sport. Two HSO's (hot sports opinions) from me....

Football is an entertaining game, no question, but it will never be able to live up to t he greatness the sport of Baseball provides.

Jrock4207
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I understand pitching very well. I played baseball for 12 years and I was a pitcher. Plus was a pitching coach for a little league team. Still doesnt make the game anymore entertaining to me. Just means I know what they are doing out on the field. Again thats just my opinion. Everyone has their likes and dislikes and as you can tell you like baseball...I personally dont

comfortably numb
07-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Football vs Baseball....Football is present-day USA (blitz, sack, roughing the passer, facemask); violent, dangerous, action-packed and attention-getting.......Baseball is old-school USA (sacrifice, walk, bunt, seventh inning stretch); slow, safe, a thinking-man's game, a walk in the park.

When I was young, I loved baseball and played lots of it. As I have aged, football has replaced baseball. Also, maybe having 16 games a year instead of 162 games has something to do with it!

Trex
07-30-2011, 08:29 PM
COME ON FOOTBALL!!!! PLEASE HURRY AND GET HERE!!!!

Uhhhh.....I don't watch it, but my wife does and I watch her....lol