PDA

View Full Version : What I learned today!

ebowler
04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I posted this today under the last person to post thread, but thought it needed it's own thread. So tell us what you learned today.

What I learned today is, Scotch does not help you bowl better. In fact, it give me that I don't give a rats butt what my score is. But I did enjoy the day!

Graaille
04-30-2009, 09:52 PM
I learned today that interviewing with a committee is actually easier than interviewing with each member individually. You only have to do your answers one time as opposed to saying them over and over again.

Also learned that leaving the same job a second time isn't any easier than leaving it the first time.

Finally, learned that if I get this new job, there's a bowling alley on the way to work. Somehow since it's second shift, I think I'll never be late leaving to go to work -- but may be late getting there.

Jord_84
05-01-2009, 12:15 PM
I learned that limewire is awesome

I also learned that e-cigarettes burn if you don't inhale right lol

Jord_84
05-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I was looking for "Mahna mahna" the version by Cake...and I managed to find it.

guess I'm not obscure enough

Jord_84
05-03-2009, 12:52 AM
today I learned that diet Dr. Pepper doesn't taste like diet.

I also confirmed my theory that anything I'm looking for will always be found under my husbands butt.
(I spent an hour and a half looking for my son's usbc youth shirt so I could sew his patches on...he's got a big tourney tomorrow)
...low and behold, the shirt (like many other things that go missing) was under his butt.
do men's butts have a gravitational pull?

Jord_84
05-03-2009, 12:58 AM
I guess so. You should have asked me. I've got "B Sides and Rarities" from Cake. I think I'm only missing one CD from them. I like them, they're strange. Check out Gogol Bordello. They're strange, too.
I get a lot of crap from my hubby when I listen to "Going the Distance" or "Short Skirt, Long Jacket"...but there's something wonderfully cheesy and unique about them that I love.

But all of that crap will be avenged....I turned "Mahna Mahna" into a ringtone for my cell phone. Someone called me yesterday...and my hubby complained about how he had that stupid song stuck in his head all day!

vengence is mine!

mikeyyy44805
05-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Haha.. What a great lesson.. :)

branstew
05-13-2009, 08:38 AM
My lesson is that bosses always appear when you stop for 5 minutes.

Jord_84
05-13-2009, 10:05 AM
I learned that I might as well kiss my tv goodbye....I'm never going to get to watch it once my son is out of school in 2 weeks.

branstew
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I learned that I might as well kiss my tv goodbye....I'm never going to get to watch it once my son is out of school in 2 weeks.

I learned that as well with the grandkids.

MH1313
05-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I learned that when your drop spreader for fertilizing your lawn doesn't work properly, you get wicked stressed! I'm currently in the process of putting over 1in of water on my lawn a day to try and avoid it from burning!!!!

damn...

dpmusic70
05-14-2009, 03:21 PM
I learned that they make strollers for dogs so that people can take them into stores to do their shopping.

Strike Domination
05-15-2009, 11:27 PM
I learned that I'm probably never going to be a satisfied bowler.

mikeyyy44805
05-16-2009, 04:10 PM
I learned that I'm probably never going to be a satisfied bowler.

dito! =/

Jord_84
05-17-2009, 03:13 PM
This weekend, I learned that my husband is completely whipped when it comes to our 2 yr old daughter.
She kept asking for daddy to cuddle with her at bed time last night. We tucked her in and left the room.
She continued to scream for 5 minutes.
My husband caved and went to check on her.....and guess who ended up sharing our bed that night?

I'm pooped out....I kept waking up all night with baby feet in my face.

tbrownie
05-18-2009, 12:07 AM
i learned that i have a lot to learn in life

ebowler
06-30-2009, 09:35 PM
I learned that jury duty is very interesting, and educational.

Jord_84
07-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I learned that cleaning a house full of 50 years of stuff is overwhelming and requires a lot of coffee.

I'll probably learn in a few weeks that I have an ulcer.

ebowler
07-02-2009, 08:06 AM
I learned that 12 people can sit for two days and hear the same information, and come to 10 different conclusions.

I have also learned that some people are incapable of making a decision based on facts alone, and will always allow emotion and personal beliefs to get in the way.

comfortably numb
07-26-2011, 11:06 AM
I learned that customers want their stuff yesterday, nobody knows how to spell anymore, and nobody reads anything.

Trex
07-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Nobody knows how to spell anymore?

The Mayor
07-26-2011, 02:52 PM
I learned that customers want their stuff yesterday, nobody knows how to spell anymore, and nobody reads anything.

You sure nobody knows how to spell anymore?

comfortably numb
07-26-2011, 03:05 PM

Mr. Mayor, I see you learn very quickly; here is a copy of one of your posts from yesterday: "You're correct. I shouldn't speak in such extremes."

And obviously, Mayor, you are an outstanding speller. But as an English Major, you had to be, eh?

The Mayor
07-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Mr. Mayor, I see you learn very quickly; here is a copy of one of your posts from yesterday: "You're correct. I shouldn't speak in such extremes."

And obviously, Mayor, you are an outstanding speller. But as an English Major, you had to be, eh?

I was actually a music major, not English. I've just always enjoyed the English language.

Trex
07-27-2011, 06:34 AM

It could be that comfortably numb's nobody is in reference to the following:

Nobody can refer to one of the following:

Nobodies, a race of beings in the Kingdom Hearts video game series
nobody (username), the name of a Unix account which has no particular privileges
Nobody, a radio drama by Daniel Brocklehurst

In music:

Nobody (DJ Quik Song), a single from DJ Quik's album The Book of David
"The Nobodies", a song by Marilyn Manson from Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)
Nobody (band), a Japanese rock duo consisting of Yukio Aizawa (相沢 行夫) and Toshio Kihara (木原 俊雄)
"Nobody" (1905 song), by Alex Rogers and Bert A. Williams
"Nobody" (Sylvia song), a 1982 Country Pop hit for Country artist Sylvia
"Nobody" (Keith Sweat song), a 1996–1997 hit by Keith Sweat and Athena Cage
"Nobody" (Wonder Girls song)
"Nobody" (Toni Basil song)
“Nobody”, a song by Tom Waits from Nighthawks at the Diner
"Nobody", a song by Paul Simon from One-Trick Pony
“Nobody”, a song by Swans from Greed
"Nobody", a song by the band Skindred
"Nobody", a song by Ne-Yo
"Nobody", a song by Five for Fighting
DJ Nobody, a member of Los Angeles band Blank Blue

In film

"Nobody" (film), a 2007 Canadian crime film
The name of William Blake's (Johnny Depp) spiritual Native American guide in Dead Man, played by Gary Farmer

Nobody may also refer to:

My Name is Nobody, a 1973 spaghetti Western
Nobody Nowhere, a 1991 bestselling autobiography with a CD featuring a song of the same name, both by autistic author Donna Williams
Outis, Ancient Greek for "nobody", an often used pseudonym
Little Miss Nobody, a character in the Mr. Men series.

In comics:

Nobody is the name of a police officer who disguised himself in a black outfit to fight crime in New York from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series.

And I understand fully as I am a nobody!! :)

In my nobody opinion....I am happy for those who are blessed enough that they got to go to school, and learn proper, but very ignorant English, and punctuation, and the proper use there of,... But those who put down someone in a web site forum, or other wise does not have much of a life ,other than seeking self gratification by trying to make others seem ignorant just because they have dementia, be it long term or temporary, or maybe they were not blessed enough to get to go to school to learn proper spelling, learn proper use, and learn how to be a real jerk towards others if they miss spell a stupid word, or use a word that is not deemed proper by the donkey's colon society.

My daughter has a huge mental problem!! She thinks it is her job to correct every single person she hears who does not pronounce a word, or spell a word, or use a word properly. She is so obsessive about it that she should actually be put in a mental hospital!!! I feel the same about other people I see in web forums who do the same thing!!

No disrespect to any person, and not pointing fingers, just sayin!! ....Some people need to get a life!! I am a Government Scientist and yet I am not impressed with the bashing of others just because someone has OCD!!

IMO....One of the first signs of an Adult who is considered to have OCD Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD)...Are people who consistently put others down for not using proper English!!!! be it in a forum or other wise!! They consistently feel the need to correct others!!

Just my 2 cents worth as a Real Scientist who is now retired and could care less about proper English!!! As I am too old to remember such nonsense....LOL

I can understand someone correcting there child at home, but to do this in a public forum as a means of trying to make someone look dumb....It's lame and shows who the nice people are from those who think they know it all, but actually know not much of anything worth talking about....lmao

No Mayor, I am not talking about you........ :)

comfortably numb
07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Trex, I loved your reference above to that classic western "My Name is Nobody"...one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

Trex
07-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Trex, I loved your reference above to that classic western "My Name is Nobody"...one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

aaah....Then you might remember this music. :)

comfortably numb
07-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Why yes, I sure do. Thanks for that, Trex. Brings back memories from when I was actually young!

Trex
08-09-2011, 11:29 PM
How easy it is to order online. :)

The Mayor
08-10-2011, 08:55 AM
How easy it is to order online. :)

Nice!

comfortably numb
08-12-2011, 04:31 PM
I learned that 20% of customers are super-nice, 75% of customers are normal & business-like, and 5% of customers hate you no matter what you do or who you are!!

Tenkei
08-13-2011, 04:15 AM
I learned today that the more I try to hook my ball, the less it actually hooks. Lesson learned the hard way.

Trex
08-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I learned that there needs to be a law that requires AMF to destroy all there lane machines!!! And require them to use only a "Modern kegel machine that is pre-programed and password protected"... So that "no one" can change the settings!!!!

You cannot do a ball review when some "Momo" puts out an oil pattern that eliminates all backend reaction!!!!

It's like playing on a 60ft flat gutter to gutter oil pattern!!! ....No hook anywhere on the lane!! ...No where!!! except the Pin deck. :rolleyes:

Yes it is a fresh shot...I guess they are too lazy or cheap to strip the backends!!

The Mayor
08-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Momo.. lol

Shadow
09-12-2011, 12:30 PM
That Trex Bowled a 290 with his new ball. :)

The Mayor
09-13-2011, 09:12 AM
That Trex Bowled a 290 with his new ball. :)

Awesome! I'm working on getting him back on the site!!

Shadow
09-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Thank you very much! :D

Trex
09-14-2011, 06:56 AM
Awesome! I'm working on getting him back on the site!!

Thank you very very much!!!

I was having withdrawals....lol

TCDale
09-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Thank you very very much!!!

I was having withdrawals....lol

Glad to have you back Trex :)

Trex
09-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Thank you very much TCDale :)

LCOOLJ
09-19-2011, 08:06 PM
That was a tough lesson for me also.:)
it seems like now days the new balls do help you score better if you have the right drilling & surface on it some of them seem to hook themselves. LOL

Trex
09-20-2011, 08:24 AM
I learned that LCOOLJ has been absent for a while....lol ...Great to have you back!! :)

Actually I find that the old school balls are the same way, only a little smoother controlled type reaction, except for my hammer blue original....it wants to act like a brand new hammer Vibe and jerk sideways when it comes out of the oil pattern. If I bring my ball speed up to about 19mph then it has a more even arc type hook, but slow it down and it's a jerkin sidways Monster!!!

I went to mississippi a few weeks ago and the old blue hammer original urethane worked great at 19 mph, as when using my old school rubber ball it hooked and went brooklyn every time!!!

But when I started throwing the blue hammer at 19 mph and lofting it out about 4 ft, it then got to the pocket and would strike with the best of the best of today's new high tech equipment!!

In fact the newer equipment was not really usable as it would burn up and roll out due to the low volume flat oil pattern they put out on the lanes.

When I bowl at our local center the oil pattern is flat gutter to gutter, On resurfaced wood lanes, they claim 4 units of oil gutter to gutter and 32 ft in length. But strange as it seems it plays like flat gutter to gutter but more like 45 ft. The only ball I have any luck with is my old Brunswick urethane Rhino!!! Newer equipment revs up but acts like plastic!! It is very confusing and frustrating, so I just roll the old Rhino and do the best I can!!!

Some centers are now getting away from the THS we use to bowl on, and are going to tougher oil patterns, at least in my area anyway!!!

I guess the older guys are getting tired of getting beat by younger guys with newer equipment, and this is there retaliation...by putting out oil patterns that make new equipment useless!! Sad I tell ya!!! But all you can do is adjust by using old equipment that is if you are lucky enough to still have some around.

It is crazy to see a New reactive ball rev up and not hook on the backends, but then roll a old rubber ball or Urethane and it hooks!!!:confused:

Oh well, whats a bowler to do?? other than go back to old school.

I don't like it, but really have no choice!! :(

Trex
09-24-2011, 08:31 PM
That grand children are priceless!

The Mayor
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
That grand children are priceless!

I bet you're a fun grandpa Trex!

Trex
09-28-2011, 06:28 AM
I bet you're a fun grandpa Trex!

I try my best!! :)