PDA

View Full Version : Gaines leads USBC Queens

onefrombills
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
RENO, Nev. - Former professional bowler and past Team USA member Kendra Gaines of Orlando, Fla., moved into the lead after two of four squads Sunday at the 2009 United States Bowling Congress Queens.

Gaines leads with a 10-game total of 2,258 after shooting 1,169 during Sunday's five-game block. Gaines had games of 215, 216, 216, 243 and 279. She leads Corrine Ham of Cocoa, Fla., by six pins.

"Everything is good in my life and bowling is fun for me," Gaines said. "I don't do it for a living anymore, so there are less expectations but I always want to perform well."

Michelle Feldman of Auburn, N.Y., flirted with perfection in the middle of her five-game block, finishing with a 288 game and she currently sits in third place with 2,247. Kristal Wilson of Lawrence, Kan., is fourth with 2,246.

Shana Ray of Woodsboro, Texas, began the day with the tournament's third 300 game and is fifth with 2,213.

The rest of the field will complete their 10-game qualifying totals throughout the day with the top 100 advancing to a final five-game block Monday morning. The top 63 join defending champion Lynda Barnes in double-elimination match play starting Monday afternoon. The final five players will advance to the televised stepladder finals at the Reno Events Center, which will be broadcast live on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. EDT on Wednesday.