PDA

View Full Version : Did your football team get anyone good in the football draft?

The KingPin
04-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Ok so the Broncos got a few guys, yet the whole Cutler drama still gets people fired up.

What about your favorite football team?

Did you like the picks?

ArtVandelay
04-28-2009, 11:10 PM
We got a bunch of guys, but I hate all the after draft analysis. It will all mean nothing until they step on the field and contribute, which could take a couple of years.

The KingPin
04-29-2009, 12:17 AM
We got a bunch of guys, but I hate all the after draft analysis. It will all mean nothing until they step on the field and contribute, which could take a couple of years.

Do you like Fantasy Football?

ArtVandelay
04-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I've played the last 6 o 7 years now.... I'm actually the commish of a league my friends and I all play in. It's normally pretty good times!!!

kakcpa
04-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Fans of the Detroit Lions were upset at this years draft. People were pi$$ed that they didn't go defense instead they went with the QB, Stafford and a TE with their first two picks. The fact of the matter is the Lions are currently like an expansion team. They have so many holes to fill that no matter who you picked, it still is not enough. Their draft philosphy was obviously to get the best available players at the time of their selection. This team will probably win only 3-4 games next year, which is probably by coaching alone. They will be in position for decent draft picks next year in a deeper draft class. Time will tell.

kakcpa
04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
I would think you can organize a bowlingboards fantasy football league pretty easily, and use yahoo, or something like that as the outlet.

Do you like Fantasy Football?

comfortably numb
07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Fans of the Detroit Lions were upset at this years draft. People were pi$$ed that they didn't go defense instead they went with the QB, Stafford and a TE with their first two picks. The fact of the matter is the Lions are currently like an expansion team. They have so many holes to fill that no matter who you picked, it still is not enough. Their draft philosphy was obviously to get the best available players at the time of their selection. This team will probably win only 3-4 games next year, which is probably by coaching alone. They will be in position for decent draft picks next year in a deeper draft class. Time will tell.

Yup, this is the year that "time will tell" for the Detroit Lions. A monkey could have done a better job owning and managing that team over the last decade, but now the Lions have the right GM and coach, plus a real QB and defensive line. Now, let's see who we add in free agency, and if Stafford can keep free of injury. By the way, Matt Millen is announcing TV games now...who in the world would listen to a thing he has to say about football??? Oh, yeah, William Clay Ford!!!

The Mayor
07-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Yup, this is the year that "time will tell" for the Detroit Lions. A monkey could have done a better job owning and managing that team over the last decade, but now the Lions have the right GM and coach, plus a real QB and defensive line. Now, let's see who we add in free agency, and if Stafford can keep free of injury. By the way, Matt Millen is announcing TV games now...who in the world would listen to a thing he has to say about football??? Oh, yeah, William Clay Ford!!!

Who's that, Drew Stanton? How long before Stafford gets hurt?

This crazy week of free agents/trades is driving me insane. I have to stop watching until something actually happens.

comfortably numb
07-27-2011, 09:32 AM
"Driving me insane" you say, Mayor. Well that, my friend, is a short drive!!

The Mayor
07-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Yes it is!