PDA

View Full Version : USBC Queens to Air on ESPN

JAnderson
04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
According to USBCMemberbenefits@bowl.com auto mailer:

USBC Queens finals will be shown live on ESPN2 this Wednesday

Bowling’s Clash of Champions also at the Reno Events Center

Two of competitive bowling’s premier events will be held April 29- May 2 during USBC Convention Week in Reno, Nev.

The USBC Queens already is underway at the National Bowling Stadium. The Queens will complete match-play rounds today (April 28). On Wednesday, April 29, the tournament moves across the street to the Reno Events Center, where the Queens finalists will compete on four custom-built lanes in front of an arena-sized crowd.

Wednesday’s step-ladder finals will air live at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN2.

Check out Bowl.com for complete coverage from Reno, including daily match-play scores. Also, BowlTV will be on-site to bring you interviews from the competitors and a recap of all the action.

Following the live Queens ESPN2 broadcast, the Reno Events Center will transform overnight as 16 of the best bowlers come to town for sudden-death competition. Bowling’s Clash of Champions will feature 2008 USBC tournament winners such as Shannon O’Keefe and Lynda Barnes as well as PBA superstars Norm Duke and Chris Barnes in an exciting sudden-death bowling format. Bowlers will clash in one-ball rolloffs, advancing their way through gender-specific brackets. The top male and female bowlers will square off for the $50,000 first-place prize.

Bowling’s Clash of Champions will air on CBS on Saturday, May 9, from 4-6 p.m. ET.

kev3inp
04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Nothing like a dose of Dave Ryan to make you appreciate Rob Stone. I gotcher 60 feet right here.

"Number seven goes down!" It's a 7 pin you dolt!

My case is tired so I'll rest it on my hambone now. ;)

JAnderson
05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
There must be someone out there that can do a better job for half the price. Though I'm not crazy about Rob Stone, at least he gives it an effort and tries to generate some interest.