PDA

View Full Version : PBA NEWS: Ron Mohr Wins Second Consecutive PBA Senior Tour Title to Start Season‏

onefrombills
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Corey.kistner@pba.com ● (206) 276-6152

Ron Mohr Wins Second Consecutive PBA Senior Tour Title to Start Season

DAYTON, Ohio (April 28, 2009) – Ron Mohr of Eagle River, Alaska, won his second consecutive Professional Bowlers Association Senior Tour title by defeating PBA Hall of Famer Brian Voss of Alpharetta, Ga., 211-206, in the championship match of the PBA Senior Dayton Classic at Capri Lanes Tuesday.

Mohr, a four-time member of Team USA, won his first Senior Tour title last week in the season-opening Senior Jackson (Mich.) Open. It marked the 11th time in PBA Senior Tour history that a bowler has won back-to-back titles.

“I really worked hard in the off-season on focusing on what I needed to do to make adjustments in match play,” Mohr said. “Last year I was too slow in making adjustments which you can get away with in qualifying. But, in match play where there are fewer games and you’re eliminated if you don’t win, you have to make the right adjustments quickly and commit to them.”

Needing a spare in the 10th frame to seal the win, Mohr left the tricky 2-8 but converted the spare.

“That’s the second week in a row I didn’t throw the best shot on the first ball in the tenth frame of the championship match,” said Mohr, who won $8,000 for the win. “Sometimes it feels easier to have to double to win than to make a spare.”

Mohr advanced to the championship match by defeating Ron Profitt of Brookville, Ohio, 205-172, in the semifinal.

Voss, a 24-time champion on the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour, advanced to the title match after eliminating tournament qualifying leader Mike Henry of Brunswick, Ohio, 227-226, in the semifinal.

“I love the competition,” Voss said. “After just two tournaments I’m still getting used to the environment out here on the Senior Tour but I still haven’t lost the desire to be in the mix and be in a competitive environment.”

Qualifying 38th, the Dayton stop marked the first tournament of PBA Hall of Famer Tom Baker’s Senior Tour career in which he did not make match play. He made match play in 41 consecutive tournaments.

For complete, game-by-game match play results, visit PBA.com and click on the Senior Tour tab. The PBA Senior Tour’s next stop is the PBA Senior Mooresville Miller High Life Classic in Mooresville, N.C.

PBA SENIOR DAYTON CLASSIC

Capri Bowling Lanes, Dayton, Ohio

April 28, 2009

Championship

Ron Mohr, Eagle River, Alaska ($8,000) def. Brian Voss, Alpharetta, Ga. ($4,500), 211-206

Semifinal Round (losers earned $3,000)

Voss def. Mike Henry, Brunswick, Ohio, 227-226

Mohr def. Ron Profitt, Brookville, Ohio, 205-172

Round of 8 (best of three games, losers eliminated, $1,700 each)

Henry def. Charlie Tapp, Kalamazoo, Mich., 2-1

Voss def. Wayne Webb, Sacramento, Calif., 2-0

Profitt def. Michael Chrzanowski, Shepherd, Mich., 2-1

Mohr def. Keith Sharp, Orlando, Fla., 2-1

Round of 16 (best of five games, losers eliminated, $1,300 each)

Henry def. Sam Maccarone, Glassboro, N.J., 3-1

Tapp def. Hugh Miller, Seattle, 3-0

Webb def. Frank Gallo Jr., Newport News, Va., 3-0

Voss def. Dennis Psaropoulos, Lake Worth, Fla., 3-1

Chrzanowski def. Kerry Painter, Henderson, Nev., 3-2

Profitt def. Steve Lickliter, Beckley, W. Va., 3-1

Mohr def. Don Sylvia, Vero Beach, Fla., 3-2

Sharp def. Bill Henson, Westerville, Ohio, 3-2

Round of 24 (best of five games, losers eliminated, $1,150 each)

Maccarone def. Mark Williams, Beaumont, Texas, 3-0

Tapp def. Bob Kelly, Dayton, Ohio, 3-1

Webb def. Sam Zurich, Grant, Fla., 3-0

Psaropoulos def. Rod Tramp, Porterville, Calif., 3-1

Chrzanowski def. Guppy Troup, Taylorsville, N.C., 3-2

Lickliter def. Curtis Aemissegger, Wauconda, Ill., 3-2

Sylvia def. Johnny Petraglia, Manapalan, N.J., 3-0

Henson def. William Peters, Dayton, Ohio, 3-1

Round of 32 (best of five games, losers eliminated, $1,050 each)

Williams def. Steve Bergan, O’Fallon, Ill., 3-2

Tapp def. John McClure, Maumee, Ohio, 3-0

Webb def. Mike Mineman, Belleville, Ill., 3-2

Tramp def. Emilio Mora, Defiance, Ohio, 3-2

Troup def. Barry Mefford, Aurora, Ill., 3-1

Lickliter def. Jeff Schrum, Cherryville, N.C., 3-0

Petraglia def. Judge Abruzzese, Bronx, N.Y., 3-1

Peters def. Mike Dias, Lafayette, Colo., 3-2

About the PBA

The Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) features the best bowlers in the world competing in National, Regional and Senior Tour events and will award over $4.3 million in prize money during the 2008-09 Lumber Liquidators PBA National Tour. The organization has more than 4,000 members spanning 13 countries, and nearly one million viewers tune-in to watch the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour every Sunday on ESPN throughout the season. PBA sponsors include Bayer, Brunswick, CLR, Denny's, Etonic, Flomax, GEICO, Go RVing, H&R Block, Lumber Liquidators, Motel 6, Pepsi-Cola and the USBC, among others. For more information on the PBA, log on to www.pba.com.