PDA

View Full Version : Cell

Ashton540
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I just have a few questions about my cell. This is a great ball and I absolutely love it. It took my avg from a 190 to a 204 instantly. However, this ball will just not, I repeat, not break on heavily oiled lanes. I've tried everything. I dry it off immediately after every ball with no avail. I also wash the ball everytime after bowling. On dry to moderate oil, it breaks late and hard directly intothe pocket. However, on wet lanes, I have NO break in it. None at all. It's almost like I'm throwing my plastic ball. It's that bad. It's not uncommon for me to embarass myself in league play and shoot anything from a 145-160 on really wet lanes due to my ball not gettin back to the pocket and leaving some sort of split or wash out. Anyone have any tips for improving the balls reaction on soaked lanes or any suggestions for balls that will react better on heavy oil. Thanks in advance guys.

maverick_124
05-05-2009, 02:33 PM
the rogue cell breaks on wet leans liek the cell does on light lanes i got both the rogue cell and cell and i can get almost anything with the two balls

Ashton540
05-06-2009, 01:43 AM
the rogue cell breaks on wet leans liek the cell does on light lanes i got both the rogue cell and cell and i can get almost anything with the two balls

Well I will consider a rogue then. I just need something to keep me consistant on wet lanes. No matter how slow and how many revs I but on that cell it just has no comeback to it. It jsut keeps skidding all the way down the lane. I'm not sure if the surface of the ball is just not made for it. I will consider a rogue. I'm bowling for 4 grand on wednesday. Lol so I'm hoping that the lanes are just average. Or else I will have to bring out the omega. Which I hate to do cause it's old and not drilled to mr preference. Thanks

PSBA10
05-06-2009, 11:41 PM
What is the surface on your Cell?

The rougher the surface the sooner the ball will pick up a roll. Your problem may be as easy to rectify as changing the surface of the ball.

My cell is probably the most versitle ball I own. I can polish it up and it works well on a THS. I changed to an 800 grit surface and it worked well at Nationals.

You need to do a little research on what condition you will be bowling on. Once competition starts, you can not alter the balls surface. That is why most proficient bowlers carry an arsenal of different balls. They have different drillings and surfaces to combat any conditions they are likely to encounter.

JaxBowlingGuy
05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
The cell is a heavier oil ball. So I would look towards the layout on the ball or as mentioned above the surface of the ball. Also where are you playing? If you are still trying to swing the ball on the heavy oil then move and play a more straight line. just remember "miss right move right, miss left move left" it works most of the time with just keeping that in mind.

mikeyyy44805
05-08-2009, 05:37 PM
try putting a few more revs on that bad boy.... :)

Ashton540
05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
try putting a few more revs on that bad boy.... :)

Lol I'm reving the surface off of the ball. To rev it any harder than I am, you'd need a crankshaft and pistons. :) It just skids down the lane in a near perfect line when I throw it down the lane. Normally it's not a huge problem cause very rarely do I bowl in freshly oiled lanes. However, I did take a hair dryer to the ball the other night and got all of the saturated oil out. I will roiugh up the surface as well on it. thanks.

JaxBowlingGuy
05-08-2009, 11:41 PM
NOOOOO dont use the hair dryer... It gives uneven heat on the ball and could end up hurting the ball...lol I have did a video one day that I was very bored and had some time to kill on the hot water in the bucket.. Thats the way I do it and it works very well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABBdU2Ah9U4

mcdawg
05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I used my Cell at Nationals and I was happy with the reaction. I have heard that reaction dies after so many games. I polish mine ( by hand) after every 9 games with Storm Reacta Shine. It brings back the tackiness and gives me a good read at the backend. I probably have over 1000 games on it and it still works great. I did smooth the surface down to a 1000 Abalon after the first month so it looks shinier than most Cells.

fmgilmore
07-23-2009, 12:47 AM
I just brought a roto grip cell cell I took it Las Vegas usbc open bowling with it pretty good this ball hit like a truck when you get it in 1 2 pocket and when it not a striik I geting 8 count this ball.
mach up good with my track artillery hit like truck on the med oli lane now I have two very good ball i a 170 ave bower

mike-boogie
10-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Try talking to ur local pro shop and ask them about baking ur ball. This will take out the oil build up and give ur ball new life.

Stormed1
10-24-2009, 06:19 PM
One of the things we have seen on the original Cell is touching up the surface of the ball regularily. Pick up a 1000 grit abralon pad and a 2000 grit. Hit it with the 1000 pad then lightly with the 2000 and that will help bring the reaction back