PDA

View Full Version : My first year as a League Bowler

WisBigE
05-06-2009, 12:00 PM
:D This was the first year as a league bowler for my son and myself. We bowled in the Wisconsin Teavern League out of Hodag Lanes in Rhinelander. We both started out the year with a 90 average. But by the end of the year our team placed 2nd in the League with 4 rookies! In the bowl off for the championship I bowled my first 200 game in league play. I ended the season with a 130 average but am bowling much better than that. My 90 handicap will be a boon to my team next year since I am now boling a 500 series regularly.

kev3inp
05-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Way to go! You'll re-establish your first 3 weeks next year (usually) but enjoy it while you can, and go bowl in as many handicap tournaments as you can in the meantime. They'll all see you as a ringer. ;)

dougb
05-07-2009, 07:00 PM
:D This was the first year as a league bowler for my son and myself. We bowled in the Wisconsin Teavern League out of Hodag Lanes in Rhinelander. We both started out the year with a 90 average. But by the end of the year our team placed 2nd in the League with 4 rookies! In the bowl off for the championship I bowled my first 200 game in league play. I ended the season with a 130 average but am bowling much better than that. My 90 handicap will be a boon to my team next year since I am now boling a 500 series regularly.

Congrats! This is also my first year in league. I started out 111 and jumped to 151 to clinch most improved. I had several big games (200+) so I'm capturing handicap series, too. I owe it all to a few lessons with a USBC-certified coach.

My average is around 180 now, so I should look for some handicap tournaments :)

mikeyyy44805
05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
thats awesome man! way to go