PDA

View Full Version : Dale Eagle Ends Win Drought by Capturing PBA Senior Mooresville Miller High Life Clas

onefrombills
05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Corey.kistner@pba.com ● (206) 276-6152

Dale Eagle Ends Win Drought by Capturing PBA Senior Mooresville Miller High Life Classic

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (May 6, 2009) – Dale Eagle of Tavares, Fla., captured his first Professional Bowlers Association Senior Tour title in four years, by winning the PBA Senior Mooresville Miller High Life Classic Wednesday at George Pappas Victory Lanes.

Eagle, earned his 11th career Senior Tour title by defeating PBA Hall of Famer Mark Williams of Beaumont, Texas, 247-224, in the championship match.

“Everything just came together,” said the 63-year-old Eagle. “I was making the right adjustments and keeping my emotions and mental part of my game together. Everything just seemed to happen very naturally.”

Eagle’s last Senior Tour win came in 2005 in Klamath Falls, Ore., but he has finished second several times since then including twice last year. With 11 titles, Eagle is tied for third all time in Senior Tour wins with Gene Stus.

In 2006, Eagle seriously injured his right eye in a fall, which altered his vision and forced him to make targeting adjustments down the lane. He’s also had to adjust to a new delivery.

“I’ve had to rely more heavily on my left eye for targeting and it’s taken quite a bit of work to adjust to that,” said Eagle, who was the tournament’s qualifying leader and averaged 250. I’ve also been working on putting a different roll on the ball. I just can’t rev it up like I used to.”

Eagle advanced to the title match by defeating Roger Kossert of Lithia, Fla. 257-199 in the semifinal and Williams advanced by defeating Ray Johnson of Battle Creek, Mich., 263-245.

Ron Mohr of Eagle River, Alaska, who won the first two events of the season, was defeated in the Round of 8, 2-1, by Williams.

The Senior Tour moves to The Villages, Fla., May 9-13 for the PBA Senior Sun Bowl in The Villages.

PBA SENIOR MOORESVILLE MILLER HIGH LIFE CLASSIC

George Pappas Victory Lanes, Mooresville, N.C.,

May 6, 2009

Championship

Dale Eagle, Tavares, Fla. ($8,000) def. Mark Williams, Beaumont, Texas ($4,500), 247-224

Semifinal Round (losers earned $3,000)

Eagle def. Roger Kossert, Lithia, Fla., 257-199

Williams def. Ray Johnson, Battle Creek, Mich., 263-245

Round of 8 (best of three games, losers eliminated, $1,700 each)

Eagle def. Bill Spigner, Vernon Hills, Ill., 2-0

Kossert def. Mike Henry, Brunswick, Ohio, 2-1

Johnson def. Rod Tramp, Porterville, Calif., 2-1

Williams def. Ron Mohr, Eagle River, Alaska, 2-1

Round of 16 (best of five games, losers eliminated, $1,300 each)

Eagle def. Pete Couture, Titusville, Fla., 3-1

Spigner def. Mike Terrell, Newport News, Va., 3-1

Kossert def. Wayne Webb, Sacramento, Calif., 3-2

Henry def. Bob Handley, Winter Park, Fla., 3-0

Johnson def. Johnny Petraglia, Jackson, N.J., 3-1

Tramp def. Kenny Parks, Hammond, Ind., 3-2

Mohr def. Keith Sharp, Orlando, Fla., 3-1

Williams def. Brian Voss, Alpharetta, Ga., 3-1

Round of 24 (best of five games, losers eliminated, $1,150 each)

Couture def. Bob Chamberlain, The Villages, Fla., 3-1

Spigner def. Ron Profitt, Brookville, Ohio, 3-0

Webb def. Thomas Brown, Lexington, N.C., 3-0

Henry def. Gale Voshell, Dover, Del., 3-0

Johnson def. Tim Kauble, Marion, Ohio, 3-1

Parks def. Bill Argenbright, Fisherville, Va., 3-1

Sharp def. Stan Wells, Kingsport, Tenn., 3-0

Voss def. Brian Brazeau, Ocala, Fla., 3-1

Round of 32 (best of five games, losers eliminated, $1,050 each)

Chamberlain def. Mark McNutt, Alpharetta, Ga., 3-0

Spigner def. Wilbert Moorer, Dover, Del., 3-2

Brown def. Tom Baker, King, N.C., 3-1

Henry def. Don Blatchford, Santa Monica, Calif., 3-0

Johnson def. Kerry Painter, Henderson, Nev., 3-1

Argenbright def. Sam Zurich, Grant, Fla., 3-2

Sharp def. Jeff Schrum, Cherryville, N.C., 3-0

Brazeau def. George Pappas, Charlotte, N.C.,3-2

About the PBA

The Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) features the best bowlers in the world competing in National, Regional and Senior Tour events and will award over $4.3 million in prize money during the 2008-09 Lumber Liquidators PBA National Tour. The organization has more than 4,000 members spanning 13 countries, and nearly one million viewers tune-in to watch the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour every Sunday on ESPN throughout the season. PBA sponsors include Amp Energy, Bayer, Brunswick, CLR, Denny's, Etonic, Flomax, GEICO, Go RVing, H&R Block, Lumber Liquidators, Motel 6, Pepsi-Cola and the USBC, among others. For more information on the PBA, log on to www.pba.com.