PDA

View Full Version : Can an Upstart Upset “King of Bowling” Wes Malott?

onefrombills
05-08-2009, 05:36 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Mike Jakubowski | PR/Media Relations

Professional Bowlers Association | 719 Second Avenue, Suite 701 | Seattle, WA 98104

Tel: 800.903.0930 | Fax: 206.332.9722 | mike.jakubowski@pba.com

Can an Upstart Upset “King of Bowling” Wes Malott?

USBC Masters champion John Nolen, Rookie of the Year Rhino Page are Week 4 challengers

LAKE WALES, Fla. (May 8, 2009) – Three down and two to go for Wes Malott of Pflugerville, Texas, who will take another step in his effort to run the table in the inaugural Professional Bowlers Association King of Bowling Powered by Amp Energy.

Malott, who bowled a nationally-televised 300 game in retaining his King of Bowling crown last Wednesday against PBA superstar Walter Ray Williams Jr., will face the winner of a battle between two of the PBA’s most promising young gunslingers – United States Bowling Congress Masters champion John Nolen of Waterford, Mich., and 2007-08 PBA Rookie of the Year Rhino Page of Topeka, Kan. - in Week 4.

The one-hour King of Bowling Powered by Amp Energy telecast will air on Wednesday on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. Eastern.

In the first three telecasts, Malott defeated Chris Barnes of Double Oak, Texas, 268-214; Patrick Allen of Wesley Chapel, Fla., 258-234, and Williams, 300-238. Nolen and Page will bowl a one-game match to determine which player gets to challenge Malott for the $10,000 weekly first prize and remove him from his lane-side throne. The winner also will get a shot at wearing the King of Bowling Powered by Amp Energy crown after the fifth and final event on May 20.

“Each show has been more and more unbelievable,” Malott said. “Winning the money was nice, too, but that’s not what I was thinking about. At this point, the only thing I was thinking about was being the king at the end of it all.”

The player who wins this week’s contest will face the winner of a match between Brad Angelo and “wild card” competitor Parker Bohn III in the May 20 season-finale.

About the PBA

The Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) features the best bowlers in the world competing in National, Regional and Senior Tour events and will award over $4.3 million in prize money during the 2008-09 Lumber Liquidators PBA National Tour. The organization has more than 4,000 members spanning 13 countries, and nearly one million viewers tune-in to watch the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour every Sunday on ESPN throughout the season. PBA sponsors include Amp Energy, Bayer, Brunswick, CLR, Denny's, Etonic, Flomax, GEICO, Go RVing, H&R Block, Lumber Liquidators, Motel 6, Pepsi-Cola and the USBC, among others. For more information on the PBA, log on to www.pba.com.

mikeyyy44805
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I dont think anyone is gonna beat him on the scorpion. If there were one person.. It would be Rhino

onefrombills
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I dont think anyone is gonna beat him on the scorpion. If there were one person.. It would be Rhino

As long as he needs less than 3 pins to win.....j/k

bigern523
05-10-2009, 03:35 AM
That was brutal ! Can you imagine how he felt after that shot . How many times do you think he kicked himself for that one ?

onefrombills
05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
That was brutal ! Can you imagine how he felt after that shot . How many times do you think he kicked himself for that one ?

Again as I stated in another post ....It was great to see it LIVE

BUT a funny story at another event some guys were playing low ball and rhino missed and got that 4 count again and after it was over he walked in the bar and yelled "ATLEAST I CAN REPEAT SHOTS" the bar lost it and I wish I was there for that one!