PDA

View Full Version : May 15, 2009 is the first night of League..

janbolen
05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
My husband and I will be bowling our first league game this coming Friday.. We have been waiting for so long.. We can't wait.. We met our other team players yesterday.. There will be three rookies, us being two of them..
I'm getting jittery, but I know it will be a lot of fun.. Can't wait to establish an average, and handicap.. I am really excited and wish it was Friday already.. Wish us luck.. ;)

bowl1820
05-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Good luck and have fun!!

kev3inp
05-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Best of luck and good bowling! I think you'll find it lots of fun.

Well, except for that one jerk. There's one in every league.

dpmusic70
05-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Hi Janet. I can relate to you and I remember when my husband and I starting bowling in our 1st league. I was really nervous too. Have a few drinks and just have fun! My name is Diane.

branstew
05-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Good luck and have fun

janbolen
05-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks everyone.. One more day to go..:D

Strike Domination
05-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Be sure to tell us how it went ;)

janbolen
05-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Well we got our team.. We have one person on the team that has been on a league before, so he helps us a lot, and he is really good.. His son is bowling on his first league as well as my husband and me, so we are not the only rookies.. We had tons of fun.. Met lots of really nice people. A lot of them have been doing this for a long time.. My husband, seen one of his old friends he went to school with there too.. So he knew one person..
My avg. from last night is 129.
94, 149, 145
First game I was really nervous.. I had a lot of fun and can't wait till Friday night again..;)

kev3inp
05-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Excellent! I'm so happy you got off to a good start and had fun. Most bowlers are really nice people and just about everyone is there to enjoy themselves. If it isn't fun, why do it? I don't find it unusual at all that there are people who have been at it for years. It gets in your blood after a while.

I had drifted away from the game due to varous life circumstances but when I had the opportunity to come back to it I realized again how much fun it is and how much I missed it. I, too, was nervous as "heck" on our first league night, and it showed. It wasn't long before it was a big part of our lives. We also came back to the game in a summer league.

If you need any help or have questions just post it and the fine folks we have here will assist you in any way we can.

I'm glad it went well.

mikeyyy44805
05-16-2009, 04:16 PM
is it an experience league?

onefrombills
05-16-2009, 11:15 PM
is it an experience league?

EVERY league is an a experience ;)

janbolen
05-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah this league is the biggest at the bowling center, and the one's that bowl in the this league have been bowling for a long time, and they bowl year round..

branstew
05-17-2009, 06:11 PM
well done, not a bad start,you will soon be getting better

Strike Domination
05-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Glad you had fun with it. I entered my first adult league Saturday and I can relate. It was at a different center than I usually bowl at, and it was a pretty full league but one of the youth directors there put me on it. I thought that was nice, and as it turns out I know a couple people and I met some new people. It's a 34-team league in a 36-lane house which is pretty big for a summer league. I had fun too even though I bowled below average, plus the side pots add to the excitement. It's semi-competetive but everyone is friendly too.