PDA

View Full Version : Iowa man takes home $5,000 with winning Clash bracket

onefrombills
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Todd Muschall of Council Bluffs, Iowa, was the Bowling's Clash of Champions bracket winner, claiming the $5,000 first place prize. The Clash, a United States Bowling Congress event, aired on CBS Sports on May 9 from the Reno Events Center.

Chris Barnes of Double Oak, Texas, defeated Rebekah Diers of Kingston, N.Y., in the finals by a score of 257-207 to take home the $50,000 first place check.

Muschall, who works as a delivery driver for Nebraska Furniture Mart, scored 73 out of a possible 81 points to find himself as the bracket champion.

Muschall didn't have a strategy going in but knew who he would be rooting for.

"I figured Barnes was a lock," Muschall said. "Unfortunately, I didn't recognize a lot of the other names, so I just took my best guess."

With the unique one-ball, sudden-death format in the early rounds of competition, it was anybody's guess to who would survive a bad break or errant shot. Muschall felt the same way about his bracket.

"I thought I had no shot to win," Muschall said. "It's just amazing. I still can't believe that it's actually real."

Check BOWL.com for more USBC contests and chances to win coming soon.

tbrownie
05-18-2009, 12:25 AM
i could have won.. i just didnt know about the bracket. the USBC sucks at advertising, well, they suck in general