PDA

View Full Version : Need Wrist Support

mikeyyy44805
05-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Hey Guys,
I have a ball that i recently learned is to heavy, therefore its causing me to use 2 hands and being less consistent.. I dont have the money to go buy a lighter ball, or I would... Some people told me to practice with wrist support.. I dont have the money for that either.. I am still a young bowler and kind of in a tough position. So if anyone has one lying around and wouldn't mind donating it to me, I would deeply appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Mikey

maverick_124
05-20-2009, 01:24 PM
i got 2 of them in 2 diff styles

mikeyyy44805
05-20-2009, 08:53 PM
well if you don't use them would you mind donating one of them to me?? that would be so helpful, i am still young and dont have a job YET... I am trying my hardest but don't have a license... :(

i would appreciate it SOOOO much! :)

Jord_84
05-21-2009, 04:49 PM
wrist supports aren't that expensive....around $20 for just a basic support. $40-$60 if your talking about a glove/positioner

mikeyyy44805
05-23-2009, 01:57 AM
But I really don't want to use it for ever...

So I figured I would see if anyone had one that they weren't using, and felt like helping out a young bowler...

And another problem I have is I don't have a job yet, so before I can spend what little money I do get I have to make sure I get things I NEED, before things I want....

:(

Jord_84
05-24-2009, 09:21 AM
But I really don't want to use it for ever...
I'm curious, if you don't want to use it forever, then what's your reasoning behind getting one?

bowl1820
05-24-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm curious, if you don't want to use it forever, then what's your reasoning behind getting one?

I can't speak for the poster but,

There are some bowlers that only use them as a training aid, then don't use them anymore once they are done with them.

Or they just want to try one out, to see if they gain a benefit from it or like that style of it. nothing says you have to use it forever.

Too mikeyyy44805 some suggestions:

Most wrist supports have sizes, go to your pro-shop and try them on to see what size you need.
So you can include it with your request. ( I have a couple but they might be too small)

Also ask them if they have one you can try out one night, I've seen it done here. That way you can see how you like it.

Depending on what kind of support you use, you should have your ball refitted while wearing it if your going to use it along time.

If say you had something like just a regular Robby's wrist support you wouldn't have to, but if you had a Robby's "Gladiator" you would because they stretch your grip span out some.

mrbill
05-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey Guys,
I have a ball that i recently learned is to heavy, therefore its causing me to use 2 hands and being less consistent.. I dont have the money to go buy a lighter ball, or I would... Some people told me to practice with wrist support.. I dont have the money for that either.. I am still a young bowler and kind of in a tough position. So if anyone has one lying around and wouldn't mind donating it to me, I would deeply appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Mikey

We've had this problem mikeyyy, One of My sons started bowling 2 years ago and I Had my old 16Lb Rhino re drilled for him, he is a cranker now but back then it was to heavy for him too.
What I told him was just slow down his release and let the ball do the work, he complaned for a month or 2 but now hes way stronger and slings that ball like he knows somthin hehe:p

bowl1820
05-28-2009, 07:56 PM
wow this is timely

If you or anyone gets a chance, look in the June issue of Bowling This Month (check if the proshop has a copy). The article "It's all in the wrist" it talks about and shows just about every wrist support out.

Several other good articles too!