PDA

View Full Version : LOL Hi My name is Janet and .......

janbolen
05-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm addicted to bowling.. I eat, sleep, and think about bowling all day.. I am bowling poor, I try to figure out what I don't need so I can have more money to go bowling.. ( it's worst than drugs ;) ) I can't wait till Friday, not because I want off of work, but so I can go and bowl on my league.. I think I fell in love and it's not with a person.. LOL Anyone else got the same addiction.. I know you do, because we all I have it.. It's and epidemic :D ..

branstew
05-18-2009, 06:47 PM
you are right there, I bowl in three leagues and they dont come round fast enough

Jord_84
05-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm right there with ya.
If I could be out practicing 5 days a week I would....given that my family owns a bowling alley...I could...maybe after my kids are a little older.

I won't be satisfied until my average is over 200...and I'm bowling in some bigger tournaments.

kev3inp
05-19-2009, 05:15 AM
It's true, it gets in your blood. If we had more time, energy and cash we'd be out a lot more than we are, too. The bar bills are killers. ;) We plan our year around our bowling vacation to NC. Everything else gets arranged after.

dpmusic70
05-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I love bowling too and the fun part is that there is so much more for me to learn to get better. My average is 140 so I have a long way to go.

kev3inp
05-19-2009, 05:26 PM
I've lost pins this year, so I have even further! I don't know if I'll ever figure out this house.

TJSieling
05-19-2009, 10:18 PM
lol I'm about as addicted as they come. When I moved to Indiana, I found out there was a bowling alley close by, so I went and bought the first ball I found, and I was going 5-6 times a week, which is killer on the arm...

but to janet, you bowling addict you lol, don't buy a new ball and throw out the old one. You might need it lol Don't make the same mistake I did!!!

branstew
05-20-2009, 05:22 AM
I'm right there with ya.
If I could be out practicing 5 days a week I would....given that my family owns a bowling alley...I could...maybe after my kids are a little older.

I won't be satisfied until my average is over 200...and I'm bowling in some bigger tournaments.

I am the same I can not wait tell I have a 200+ average at the minute I am on a 171.

janbolen
05-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I'll probably become a ball collector..;) I dying for it to be the weekend already so I can go bowl..

Evilash71
05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Im the same. I read books, i recored all the PBS events on my DVR and re-watch and slow mo the releases and everything to see what they are doing. I always and reading up on new equipment and scowering the net for info on bowling. I also recently have approached going into clothing stores differently as now i sort of see clothes for work, for everything else, and for bowling. So i will look for certain polos that wick moisture and stuff but look nice so i can use them for bowling etc. Also i love looking for old bowling patches and stuff i can have put on these shirts. Yeah its crazy!

Hammerguy529
05-25-2009, 11:31 PM
I can vouch for the addiction, I try to hurry up and drive past the bowling alley after work so I can avoid stopping....but then I started putting the balls in my truck! So now its even harder to not bowl

JAnderson
05-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I prefer to go with the I.V. bowling drip so that I can satisfy my addiction at all times. My wife and I met in a bowling center, I proposed in a bowling center, and our wedding reception was in a bowling center. We travel quite a bit, for bowling. The first thing you see when you walk in my house is a door mat that says "If we're away, we're bowling". I have a spare closet with a 25-ball ball rack that I built myself. The rack is full as well as several 3 and 4 ball rollers. We have bowling pins on both sides of our entry door and foyer, pins on the mantel place and pins scattered throughout the house. I work on the 5th floor and practice my swing in the elevator, with or without other people joining me. My DVR is set to record anything with "bowling" in the title.

I'm sure there's more, but it is time for me to leave to go bowling.

dpmusic70
05-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow Jay you are a bowling maniac!! See you guys in about 2 months.

kev3inp
05-27-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm jealous! See hon, there's more than one! :D

mrbill
05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm addicted to bowling.. I eat, sleep, and think about bowling all day.. I am bowling poor, I try to figure out what I don't need so I can have more money to go bowling.. ( it's worst than drugs ;) ) I can't wait till Friday, not because I want off of work, but so I can go and bowl on my league.. I think I fell in love and it's not with a person.. LOL Anyone else got the same addiction.. I know you do, because we all I have it.. It's and epidemic :D ..

I'm the same way janbolen, I just started back bowling and I will be joining 3 summer leagues.

I'm adicted!!

janbolen
05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I prefer to go with the I.V. bowling drip so that I can satisfy my addiction at all times. My wife and I met in a bowling center, I proposed in a bowling center, and our wedding reception was in a bowling center. We travel quite a bit, for bowling. The first thing you see when you walk in my house is a door mat that says "If we're away, we're bowling". I have a spare closet with a 25-ball ball rack that I built myself. The rack is full as well as several 3 and 4 ball rollers. We have bowling pins on both sides of our entry door and foyer, pins on the mantel place and pins scattered throughout the house. I work on the 5th floor and practice my swing in the elevator, with or without other people joining me. My DVR is set to record anything with "bowling" in the title.

I'm sure there's more, but it is time for me to leave to go bowling.

Totally Cool.. Wow!!! Yeah my DVR is set to anything that has bowling in it too...
I went bowling today by myself to get a little relief from the withdrawals LOL..
Happy Bowling everyone..

mrbill
05-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Yeah JAnderson you are giving us lots of Ideas lol
I know I'm thinking of building a ball rack for all my extra balls we have laying around..

jaws1945
05-30-2009, 09:07 AM
For me now, it's the money factor. I used to bowl 3 leagues a week and tournaments or sweepers on weekends. Then, after a career change that involved traveling every week, I had to just about give it all up. When I retired I got back into the game, but with expenses I have to limit myself to 1 or 2 nights per week. I miss the old days.

Jamski
06-08-2009, 01:15 PM
For me now, it's the money factor. I used to bowl 3 leagues a week and tournaments or sweepers on weekends. Then, after a career change that involved traveling every week, I had to just about give it all up. When I retired I got back into the game, but with expenses I have to limit myself to 1 or 2 nights per week. I miss the old days.
Yup. If it weren't for Dollar Nights (Wednesdays, all games $1) and $8 All-you-can-bowl specials I'd be pretty bad off. I've applied for a spare time (no pun intended, really ;)) job at a house not too far from work, so maybe that'll help out. Any time spent on the lanes helps!

lefty
06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Well, im starting to get that way...Im watching PBA now, and thinking of it and ways to improve the next time i bowl. I keep trying to pretend like im a PBA bowler and phsyc myself up.....lol