PDA

View Full Version : Summer Plans Anyone???

The KingPin
05-19-2009, 09:15 AM
So with summer around the corner, what plans do you have?

Some may be taking vacations, and some might be hoping for a job. Summer does not need to cost money, even if it is going to the park every Saturday with your dog?

What are you looking forward to?

MH1313
05-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Motorcycle Camping season is officially here this weekend when all the parks finally open! I will be camping with my moto on average 3 times per month. There is nothign quite like it!

Jord_84
05-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm thinking about putting my son in swim lessons to keep him busy during the summer....usually he plays baseball too.
Then I think we're going to take a weekend trip into Chicago and get a family pass to all of the museums.
We'll probably hit up the Shed Aquarium, the Museum of Science and Industry, the Chicago Art Institute, and the Brookfield Zoo.

Then I'm off to Joliet for 4 days in August to bowl the Miller Light Knockout Pro-AM

It's shaping up to be a pretty kickass summer

dpmusic70
05-19-2009, 11:36 AM
This question brings great sadness to my heart because it reminds me of the loss of our dear friend Colleen Becker "Thong Princess". For the past 3 years our summer vacation involved spending lots of time with her and I still can't believe that she is gone. Rest in peace Colleen - we love you and miss you...

Jord- Your plans sound great to me. The Chicago part I mean. Kevin and I went to all of those places a few years ago and we had a blast. Of course he was familiar with them but for me a Floridian it was all new and I loved all the museums and attractions. We also hit Beatle Fest that year and would love to go back for that too.

kev3inp
05-19-2009, 05:34 PM
(Psst! The aquarium is spelled with 2 d's.) Don't forget the Adler Planetarium. It's right by the Field Museum (Sue, the T-Rex!) and the aquarium. The sky show is really cool and I used to go every time it changed when I lived back home. There's a pass you can get with discounts on all the admissions. We got one online the last time we went, but I think you can get one there. I believe Beatle Fest in Chicago will be in the early part of August. This message brought to you by the amateur Chicago tourism board. ;)

Jord_84
05-19-2009, 05:38 PM
(Psst! The aquarium is spelled with 2 d's.) Don't forget the Adler Planetarium. It's right by the Field Museum (Sue, the T-Rex!) and the aquarium. The sky show is really cool and I used to go every time it changed when I lived back home. There's a pass you can get with discounts on all the admissions. We got one online the last time we went, but I think you can get one there. I believe Beatle Fest in Chicago will be in the early part of August. This message brought to you by the amateur Chicago tourism board. ;)

If you're planning on heading into Chicago in August you should check out that pro am I'm bowling in. It's at Town and Country Lanes in Joliet. The entry fee is an amazingly low 60 dollars....for $160 you can get entry and a Brunswick wild ride pearl.
Runs August 15th-18th I believe.

http://www.pba.com/senior/tournament.asp?ID=1607

kev3inp
05-19-2009, 05:50 PM
We probably won't go back home this year. I think we'll be going to the food and wine festival in Epcot in the fall instead. I still have to check out which bands will be there this year. And, of course, in the fall we have the Florida mini-gathering, dates and venue still to be determined.

kev3inp
05-19-2009, 05:57 PM
"Summper Plans Anyone???" Hey, how do you edit a topic name? Or do I have to make sure I'm real, real careful? ;)

tbrownie
05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Ill be bowling Junior Gold Nationals in july, and then back home looking for a job some more, and possibly moving, not sure yet..

branstew
05-20-2009, 02:21 AM
5 days and I am off on holiday to Nashville for 9 days. Hopefully I will find a bowl and will be able to spend some time there.

Jamski
06-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Hiking at Big South Fork (http://www.nps.gov/biso), launching rockets at Southern Thunder (http://www.mc2rocketry.com/Default.aspx?tabid=349), and plenty of Dollar Nights at Thunder Alley. Oh, and probably a summer league with my son.

comfortably numb
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Seeing how it is still summer, and will be here in Florida for ANOTHER 3 LONG HOT MONTHS, I plan to spend my summer doing what I have been doing...working, mowing the lawn every week, and counting the days till FOOTBALL SEASON ARRIVES!!!!

Trex
07-30-2011, 08:33 PM
swimming...swimming....swimming, and bowling!! :)