PDA

View Full Version : which ball to get ? ? ? ?

ltrain21578
05-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I need to make a decision and Im looking for peoples advise. Im looking to buy a new bowlingball and Im hung up on my decision. My choices are the hy-road and rogue cell. Let me tell you what I have already, Vitual gravity,gravity shift,Breaks75,roto grip Mars. What would fit best in my arsenal? Im thinking the hy-road. Please give me some feed back. Thank you

Strike Domination
05-20-2009, 04:42 AM
I think you're right. Get the Hy-Road and lay it out surface it in a way to make sure it's a different reaction than your current step up from the Mars because it might overlap with either the GS or Break S75 depending on where they sit in your arsenal.

The Rogue Cell would be too similar to the Virtual Gravity but a pinch weaker in my opinion. The Gravity Shift should do well enough as your step down.

ltrain21578
05-20-2009, 08:41 AM
thank you for the feed back. I was leaning that way I just needed that extra puch. Let me ask you one more question? Would you ever drill two balls the same way. Wxample I like the gravity shift is drilled, Since the hyroas and the gravity shift are 2 diffrent balls sould i get the reaction if they are drilled the same?

Strike Domination
05-21-2009, 03:07 AM
Drilling two balls the same isn't a bad idea, sometimes it's good. If your Gravity Shift is flippy I would recommend drilling the Hy-Road with a smoother layout though, or change the surface. That would probably be best.

JaxBowlingGuy
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM
if you have a layout that you like then its always a good idea.. Example I like the Storm #8 stacked... :-)

ltrain21578
05-24-2009, 06:14 PM
How do you get sponsored?

JaxBowlingGuy
05-24-2009, 08:55 PM
usually you have to submit a video and list of all your honor scores and all that... and then tell them like what big trnys you have won and such...

ltrain21578
05-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Is that how you got sponsored? Cuz I would love to be able to get free balls or even at a discounted price.... That would be awesome. is it hard to do ?

JaxBowlingGuy
05-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Im not on the staff with Storm yet.. Hopefully soon, But if you get the ave of 200 or 190 on sport league you can get a PBA card and get discounts from storm and order straight from them before they go on sale to general public... The price is usually a little less than you can get it online... Im trying to get my girlfriend on the Storm staff for next season..

tbrownie
05-25-2009, 12:57 PM
I think you're right. Get the Hy-Road and lay it out surface it in a way to make sure it's a different reaction than your current step up from the Mars because it might overlap with either the GS or Break S75 depending on where they sit in your arsenal.

The Rogue Cell would be too similar to the Virtual Gravity but a pinch weaker in my opinion. The Gravity Shift should do well enough as your step down.

nailed it

ltrain21578
06-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I got my Hy road drilled 2 days ago and its amazing, it took me a 3 games to get use to it. Its smooth thru the heads and very controlable thru the mid lane and it hits like a brick. I love this ball. I also Got the Virtual and GS rejuvinated and they are like brand new very pleased. Cant wait for the FBDC in Aloma.