PDA

View Full Version : Lane Destroyed Story, gotta read this lol you CANNOT make this up

TJSieling
05-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Alright, picture it, Saturday, about 11am, usually the kids are still sleeping (I'm 18 and a bowling freak, so I was at the ally by 9 :D), but there's always that one exception...

My grandpa and I are bowling like idiots, constant, I'm either waiting on him to throw or he's waiting on me (we bowled 10 games in an hour and a half, don't ask how, we were CRUISIN'), we were having a great time.

I hear a commotion to my right, I look over halfway through my throw (don't ever do this when you're speed bowling, you tend to fall onto the lane ;)), and I seen this...

An old lady, and 3 kids, I'm guessing she's in her 70's, the kids are maybe 12-13 (turns out she was their grandmother, different sets of parents for each kid).

One was standing at the lane, watching his ball go down the lane slower than ants can crawl, the other two kids are standing there with bowling balls, and they both throw their balls down the lane after the first kids, trying to speed it up. About this time, I had crawled off the lane and was watching them, jaw dropped.

3 balls down a lane is bad enough, but then I looked at their ball return. 12 balls sitting there, 3 already headed down the lane, and then it clicked.

I watched all three of them run to the ball return and just start whipping the balls down the lane. throwing underhand like they were actually bowling, spinning and unleashing it into the air, throwing it almost straight down onto the lane and watching it roll down.

About this time, 14 of the 15 balls are headed down the lane, and I see the biggest of the 3 kids grab a black ball, a 16 pound house ball, and I knew this would be bad. He held it over his head, gave a BONZAI yell, and threw it down as hard as he could. He broke a board in the lane, the pinsetter had dropped, blocking maybe 10 of the balls from getting into the back, and then the kids take off down the lane to start grabbing the balls and throw them again!

Mind you, the grandmother is just sitting there watching.

I'm past belief, and as pissed off as they come at the fact that this is happening, I took off to the lane and grabbed the biggest kid and dragged him off the floor, and chewed him out for having no respect and being stupid about doing what he did. Yeah, he cried, the grandma called me an a**hole. I went to the front to let the employees know this was happening. My grandpa at this point is sitting at our table just watching what's happening in pure shock.

It finally ended with 2 employees fishing the balls out of the gutters and getting the pinsetter up, plus the alley officer and 5 employees dragging them out of the alley with a ticket for destruction of public property. Plus, they were never allowed to come back.

Serves them right.

Any comments on this insane story?

Jord_84
05-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Any comments on this insane story?
yes.......................wtf?

Seriously....don't expect to hear me complaining about rude, obnoxious bowlers anymore. You win. lol

tbrownie
05-19-2009, 11:46 PM
pretty much just open bowlers being open bowlers... i find it hard to believe that he broke a board.. that must be a really crappy lane. Ive lofted 16 lb balls 10 feet high 20 feet down the lane and never broken anything except myself lol. But anyways, i hate open bowlers and rude people and all just as much as the next guy, but im not about to start yelling at kids that dont know any better. if one of them were to start messing with my bowling balls or running onto my lane, thats when the yelling would start lol

kev3inp
05-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I think I'll refrain from comment at this time.

MH1313
05-20-2009, 09:26 AM
with people like that I'm surprised you aren't under arrest for assault! Along with ignorance, disrespect is one thing that really drives me batty...

but yeah, you definitely win the obnoxious open bowler award!

maverick_124
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
wow yeah idda bitched them out too, specially the gma SHE knows better!!!

TJSieling
05-20-2009, 04:05 PM
suppose i should explain the board lol

he threw this ball down as hard as he could, this was a BIG 13 year old and it hit the board next to the gutter. It broke the coating over the boards, but didn't break the board itself, so i guess i lied lol

kev3inp
05-20-2009, 04:24 PM
It probably cracked the overlay. It's still malicious damage. I was beaten regularly and often and, for my money, a lot of the children these days could use the same treatment.

You should have seen the foul mouthed, disrespectful punk with his mom who I just saw at the vampire place. I would have smacked him into next Tuesday if he were my kid.

Muhahahaha, I can see you if you're invisible! I have super powers. LOL!

janbolen
05-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I would have told on them too! Wouldn't have said anything to them, but I would have told someone about that crap..
People need to train they're children to respect other people's property..

dougb
05-20-2009, 07:11 PM
That is over the top.

Strike Domination
05-21-2009, 02:54 AM
That was some story. Hard to believe that could happen.

Jamski
06-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Along those lines, and you've probably heard one like this before...I'm stepping up to bowl when all of a sudden there was an enormous "THUNK!" from off in the direction of lane 5...someone had flung one, skipped it off the lane, and hit the steel supporting post between lanes. Now, my 13 year old son has done this when he was careless, but it was his ball, a 15 lb Maxim. This was a big (economy-sized) guy using a house ball...and an 8 lb house ball at that. God only knows how fast the thing was going when it hit the post. Anyway, it split in half, exposing the core, which was kinda cool to see...but, that's one less ball the kids can use. You suppose they charge folks for that sort of nonsense?

MH1313
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Along those lines, and you've probably heard one like this before...I'm stepping up to bowl when all of a sudden there was an enormous "THUNK!" from off in the direction of lane 5...someone had flung one, skipped it off the lane, and hit the steel supporting post between lanes. Now, my 13 year old son has done this when he was careless, but it was his ball, a 15 lb Maxim. This was a big (economy-sized) guy using a house ball...and an 8 lb house ball at that. God only knows how fast the thing was going when it hit the post. Anyway, it split in half, exposing the core, which was kinda cool to see...but, that's one less ball the kids can use. You suppose they charge folks for that sort of nonsense?

I know at my center the person does get charged so long as its done in a reckless manner or is intentional. The lane jockey's are pretty good about getting on horseplay and what not so the odds are the person has been warned once before.

JAnderson
06-10-2009, 01:15 PM
My grandpa and I are bowling

I envy you. Please, enjoy it while you can.

JAnderson
06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
There was a similar event shortly after I moved to Atlanta. I went out for some practice and was put on a lane next to a half-dozen children bowling with bumpers. The oldest child was probably 5 years of age. No problem. There were 8 "parents" lounging behind the bowler circle having social hour. The sweep got stuck in the down position and the kids, being kids, kept throwing balls down the lane.

The parents saw what was happening and continued social hour with no change. I turned to look at them and just glared. Over the course of about 90 seconds the parents went from amusement (over me glaring at them) to discomfort to embarrassment to action. There were only 12 balls in front of the sweep when they finally instructed the kids to stop and sent a scout to the front desk.

I certainly don't blame the children. I guess I'm good at glaring.