PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day...

The KingPin
05-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Hello everyone,

Well some may enjoy Memorial Day for the ability to have a day off from work or school, while others served in the different branches of military, thus bringing a different look at this day.

No matter how you look at this day, I am Honored to live in such a Great country. I do know that our freedom is not free, and people risk their lives for you and me.

I am PROUD to be an American.

What are you thoughts on Memorial Day?

janbolen
05-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Memorial Day is a time to honor those that have served to protect our country.. My Grandpa was in WWII... And I am thankful to have the freedom that we all have... Whether you agree with war or not you should still honor and respect those that fight to protect us.. I Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day today..

mrbill
05-25-2009, 09:18 AM
HERE HERE The KingPin:D

kev3inp
05-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Today is the day to recall our servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. Do I agree with war? Generally, no, but I realize that sometimes the conflict is unavoidable to continue our protection and the security of our allies. Other times we're dragged into conflict to advance political rather than philosophic ends. Either way we call on a select group of Americans to follow the wishes of our leaders, and they perform their duties admirably, whether there is a "good cause" or not. None of them want to give their lives, but they do it anyway in service to all of us. It was very sobering yesterday to open the opinion pages of our local newspaper and see 2 1/2 pages of fellow Floridians who have given their lives in the current conflict. The pictures were quite small. In the middle of our barbeques and our celebrations let's all take some time to honor our fallen countrymen and recall that the cost of freedom is paid with blood.

Hammerguy529
05-25-2009, 09:13 PM
I'd like to wish everyone a happy memorial day......I love and admire those who've served and would like to say THANKS!

dpmusic70
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Living in Florida as we do, this is the start of the rainy season and naturally that's what the weather decided to do all weekend. Luckily though we were able to bbq in between the rain.