PDA

View Full Version : new here from good old midwest!!!

stigmata
05-26-2009, 02:11 AM
whats up everyone.... :D new guy here from illinois.....been bowlin for a couple of years, but getting more serious now and steady on a league ....
avg is 160ish (soon to go up thanks to actually getting a new ball drilled for me)

my equip:

brunswick nemesis 15lb 2oz (hand me down) has same drill pattern from my friend proper fingertips and thumb hole is big best game with this ball is a 209

storm thunder struck 13lb (hand me down) had proper fingertips put in and thumb opened span is good ..fingertips reversed for lefty throw ...best game with this ball 187

roto grip cell 16lb (used ball bought from pro shop) drilled for me but i think a bit much...its a great ball but the 16lbs is too much for me to get a comfortable release... only a week old practiced all week with it and best game was 189

and on its way is a visionary immortal pearl 14lb (will use this weekend for my league)

my style is tweener/cranker ...with med/low revs and med/high speed ..im mainly a right handed bowler, but am just as comfortable throwin lefty(thunder struck is the new lefty ball)....im hoping to get better with the new ball and bring my league avg up to 190ish with lots of practice and dedication to improving :D

kev3inp
05-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Hi and welcome to the site. You don't see too many ambidextrous bowlers.

kakcpa
05-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Danny Wiseman is ambidextrous, and has thrown games of 300 and series of 800 as a lefty.

stigmata
05-26-2009, 02:43 PM
yeah my best game lefty with a house ball was 182.... so im sure using the thunderstruck will bring it up :D.... i have become a big fan of bowling and can say its a sport i would love to stay in for as long as my body lets me....

mrbill
05-28-2009, 07:08 PM
whats up everyone.... :D new guy here from illinois.....been bowlin for a couple of years, but getting more serious now and steady on a league ....
avg is 160ish (soon to go up thanks to actually getting a new ball drilled for me)

my equip:

brunswick nemesis 15lb 2oz (hand me down) has same drill pattern from my friend proper fingertips and thumb hole is big best game with this ball is a 209

storm thunder struck 13lb (hand me down) had proper fingertips put in and thumb opened span is good ..fingertips reversed for lefty throw ...best game with this ball 187

roto grip cell 16lb (used ball bought from pro shop) drilled for me but i think a bit much...its a great ball but the 16lbs is too much for me to get a comfortable release... only a week old practiced all week with it and best game was 189

and on its way is a visionary immortal pearl 14lb (will use this weekend for my league)

my style is tweener/cranker ...with med/low revs and med/high speed ..im mainly a right handed bowler, but am just as comfortable throwin lefty(thunder struck is the new lefty ball)....im hoping to get better with the new ball and bring my league avg up to 190ish with lots of practice and dedication to improving :D

Lookin good
stigmata

Bowling is great and its good exersize too;)

stigmata
05-29-2009, 01:38 AM
thanks mrbill!! im lookin forward to gettin better ..... and bringin my avg to 200+

also i got the visionary immortal pearl today, and wow what a nice ball cant wait to throw it tomorrow :D

The KingPin
05-31-2009, 08:38 PM

my equip:

Welcome to the BowlingBoards.com Family.

We are honored you are here and please do tell your friends about us.

bball
05-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have the bug (bowling). It's a good one!

stigmata
06-01-2009, 01:12 AM
well i realized today that i was meant to bowl lefty.....i've had a hard time getting my form to be consistant righty...so after leagues two of my teammates are bowling out next week so they had to bowl there 3 games...i decided to bowl 3 "fun" games lefty and bowled better lefty!!!!:o ....one of the guys on the team we bowled shot a 700 series and was critiquing my righty bowling.... he watched me bowl lefty and after my 3rd game he said looks like you gotta get all your balls redrilled ,lol...... he said my form/release/control looked so so much better lefty......
mind you i write left handed, but kick and throw with my right.... so maybe my baseball hand may of ben my right but i gues my bowling hand is my left!!!;)