PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Oklahoma

StormStrikes
06-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Hello all. Just thought Id stop in and do the intro thing. I recently got back into bowling after a few year absence. I was very heavy into bowling at one time but really lacked resources and information to pursue the goals I had, but I was bowling a lot and was around 40 games a week if not more depending on work and such.

Now Im bowling again, not quite as much practice time at the moment. Probably around 20 - 25 games a week. But Im also taking coaching lessons from a USBC Certified Silver Level coach and am currently in a PBA Challenge league.

Im enjoying it a lot, frustrating at times cause I want to be progressing faster than I am but I'll get there one way or another. Im on a couple other bowling forums and try to stay involved as much as I can.

stigmata
06-01-2009, 03:46 PM
welcome!!! and i agree about the feeling that you should progress alot faster lol..... darn learning curve:D

kev3inp
06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Welcome, and we're glad you're here. My wife and I really love your avatar. We both laughed at ourselves with that one. I hope everybody gets to check it out. I've been to Tulsa a couple of times, but that's the only times I've felt the wind come whipping down the plains. :) I think you'll enjoy it here.

StormStrikes
06-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. kev3inp, believe it or not, Im originally from Florida. About 30 miles or so north of Orlando, in Lake County.

kev3inp
06-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. kev3inp, believe it or not, Im originally from Florida. About 30 miles or so north of Orlando, in Lake County.

Now that's funny! I didn't know there were any Florida natives anyplace else. ;) That's OK, when you get older you'll have to move back as it's the law. You know, it's either Florida or Arizona once you start wearing your pants too high, etc. I got a head start, myself!

mrbill
06-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Welcome StormStrikes to the boards, I lived in leesburg for 10 years I know the slow life;)

StormStrikes
06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Mr Bill, and probably kev3inp as well may know, then, the small podunk town I come from then. I am from Umatilla. Say that three times fast, LOL.

I was going to say something to the effect in my earlier post about being a rare Florida native but thought some may take that the wrong way, so I resisted. As for moving back, my pants havent move up so much as they have out, so Im not sure if I would be accepted if I did come back, LOL.

All my family still lives down there. Im the lone black sheep that left the fold. In fact, me and my wife are planning to take a vacation in the very near future and head back down there.