PDA

View Full Version : June 3 league night

Richie V.
06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.bowlsk.com/games/view-series.html?series=151216

I had my worst night in some time, and I kind of sensed it in my warm-up session before the lanes were turned on for league, the second game of which I failed to have a strike. Most of the night's problems came in the first game, where I seemed to have one lane going, but couldn't get out of my own way on the other lane, getting only 1 spare and 4 opens. I did seem to get progressively better as my head cleared (I didn't get much sleep the night before), and I had my only run of strikes near the end of the last game, getting a turkey. Also on the bright side, I did make all of my single pins, and improving on my single-pin spares was something I wanted to work on this summer.

Team once again split, but we did it the "hard way" this time, losing 2 by a total of about 70 before we won the last game by enough to take total. My team's captain, Bonnie, was a big part of the last game win, getting the last 5 at a point where we needed her to get the team over the threshold for total.

branstew
06-04-2009, 04:40 PM
We all have nights like that

jmainville
06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I tried to join a league last summer and my team were the only ones to show up. It was no fun. gotta have some competition. I'm joining my first scratch league in Sept. will be fun

kev3inp
06-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I have more nights like that than I'd enjoy shaking a stick at. Whatever that means. "Hey, baby, want to see my shaking stick?"??