PDA

View Full Version : Official "Enter Me Posts" for the Storm Virtual Energy Bowling Ball Thread

The KingPin
06-05-2009, 12:36 AM
This thread is dedicated to Official "Enter Me Posts"

Please
Read read the RULES BEFORE POSTING >>> Read the Rules (http://www.bowlingboards.com/showthread.php?p=7172#post7172)

After you have read the rules, please post your thoughts about Storm Bowling Products in this thread only.

Please remember the 30 post rule.

Here is an overview for this great Storm Bowling Ball Virtual Energy.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/virtualenergy.jpg

Design Intent: Virtual™ Energy

Since the release of the Virtual Gravity, Storm has been inundated with positive feedback and inquires of future designs. The combination of the Gravity Shift and Virtual Gravity gave bowlers a look that they had never seen before on heavier oil; mid-lane control with explosive back-end reactions. One of the greatest features is their adaptability on changing back-end motion depending on the layout chosen.

Our intent with the Virtual Energy is to utilize the early revving motion and explosive back-end characteristics of the Shape-Lock™ HD core, along with the performance proven R2X™ coverstock. The coverstock is the key element to this equation and engineering the right blend of solids and pearls to create the perfect compliment to its predecessors.

Overview:

The testing phase brought several factors into play. We tested several coverstock combinations with the profilometer, as well as, on-lane C.A.T.S. testing. Our goal was to develop a ball that utilizes the best characteristics of its predecessors as well as creating its own unique performance.

Our final product is the R2X™ Hybrid. The combination of the two pearls and a solid reactive delivers the perfect fit within our product line. The solid generates just enough mid-lane read on the heavier volume patterns, while the two pearlized parts deliver the strong motion on the back-end.

The Virtual™ Energy is the perfect complement to Storm’s Premier line of bowling balls.

So good luck and we hope to talk to you in a few weeks to pick you ball weight.

Chris - BowlingBoards.com

jmainville
06-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I used to use storm alot but found I couldnt keep a good surface on the coverstock. With my high rev rate i was tracking the balls alot faster than I thought I should. Swichted to hammer and havent had that problem. As far as their website I think its pretty good. I would make a few changes if I had say, but I dont so no biggy. But I will take a free bowling ball anytime. count me in!!

JaxBowlingGuy
06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
i have been throwing storm products since i started bowling. the have some of the most aggressive balls on the market if not the most....they are going in the right direction with the soon to be released Natural which will help add to the line-up of dry lane equipment... the only thing that i dislike about the site is that the discontinued overseas balls are not listed anymore like the discontinued american balls are... I like to get a few overseas balls from time to time but once they stop making them i lose the specs for resurfacing and all that if i didnt save the box... i do like how you can compare the hook ratings of the balls with the tracking lines on the bass description... also i enjoy the videos of the pros talking about the new releases... over all its a nice site but would just like to see the overseas archive as well...... this all coming from someone that visits the site about 4-5 times a week.... "enter me"

Graaille
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
We want a Shrubbery!

..but a VE would be nice too, so count me in please.

I can say I've been interested in Storm for a while now. I've been Jonesing for a Shift for some time, and am quite irritated that they retired it so quickly. I do actually have a Utah ball (RG) in my collection, and recommend Storm to my beginning bowlers for a good lighter weight ball (Tropical Storm). I hit their website about once a month to check out what's coming down the pike. When it comes to asymmetrical balls, I think Storm (and RG) probably make the best balls out there.

One day I'll have my Shift -- and then a Gravity Shift, Virtual Gravity, and hopefully a Virtual Energy won proudly from bowlingboards.com

NoTapNorm
06-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Visited the Storm site- I liked the section where you-the consumer-write a review or accomplishments with your STORM equipment.
When I purchased the Virtual Gravity in March, it was my first Storm ball. All I can say is WOW. During the last 2 months of the season, I had no less than 6 series in the 690's a 720 and my personal best of 749. It is usually the first ball, and most times the only ball out of the bag.

Enter me for the drawing for the Virtual Energy!!!!

bowl1820
06-05-2009, 11:06 AM
I used the Matchmaker™ to see what ball it thought I should be using. This is the criteria I entered:

Experience Level: Advanced

Current Average: 151-200

Ball Speed: Medium
(Here they should include some mph ranges so we know what they think is slow, medium and fast.)

Rev Rate: Medium
(Here they should include some rpm ranges so we know what they think is lower, medium and faster.)

Axis of Rotation: Medium

Lane Condition: Medium

The main ball featured was the "Furious" part of the Hot series of balls, I had said this was a ball I wanted in another thread so I agree with this pick.

Some other balls it said I might like are the Virtual™ Energy which is part of the Premier line and the prize in this contest.

Also the Second Dimension™ from the Master line and the Team Storm™ from the Ice line.

The Matchmaker™ did ok at making a 4 ball arsenal here.

Something I would like to go with the Matchmaker™ is for it to show a ball path comparison like they have on the ball detail pages, for the recommended balls.

Or for there to be a page like the Matchmaker™ page, that allows you to pick the balls that it shows in the ball path comparison diagram. So you can see how they all compare to each other.

I have one Storm ball currently a "Pyro" it is good ball, I used it on the Cheetah pattern in a Pro-Am to come in at second place with it.

tbrownie
06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Well, I have loved storm ever since i first heard of them. The Super Power Pearl was the first ball of theirs i got, and it was a BEAST. At the time i was like 11, and it was a 12 lb ball, and i shot a lot of 230s with it. Not bad for 12 lbs, no matter who is throwing it. Not long after i got a ball for free from a friend, was a 10 lb Super Power, even it could shoot 200s. At the time, i didnt think much of it, but now, knowing how light those balls were, it is amazing. Storm has been the best company out for a while now, and the Virtual Gravity is further proof of it. My average has jumped 20 pins since getting this ball. And the gravity shift is perfect for when the lane burns up a bit. If i had a virtual energy, i would never need another companies ball, VG, VE, and GS would be perfect for me no matter what im on.

As for the stormbowling website, Ive been there many times, and its extremely easy to navigate. Just overall a great company.

I WANT THIS BALL! :) Enter me

Strike Domination
06-05-2009, 05:09 PM
The Storm web site itself, I think it's a pretty cool layout compared to what it used to be. I kind of like the clips as they involve the pros on staff and the other guys behind it all to talk about the balls. The ball matchmaker is kind of cool too, to help give some idea of what ball one should get. However, the more serious bowler would be better off to do more research in my opinion.

I honestly have not thrown a single Storm ball, so I can't say anything good or bad about them from experience. What I can say is that it seems like they have a very good line of bowling balls to suit many styles and lane conditions. The only thing that's bothered me in the past year or so is that they haven't had a true dry lane ball, and I hope the Natural changes that. Assuming that's the case, I could theoretically make a pretty successful all-Storm arsenal. I can't say that about too many companies. Also, they have a good number of staffers that give good, in depth reviews of each new ball on how they perform and on a number of conditions. This gives something for people to go by if they might want it. I've heard that their balls tend to crack around the fingers, but I'm not sure if that's the a defect in the ball or the driller's fault. It's not all balls, and it doesn't happen to everyone, so I wonder what causes that. When it comes to customer service, Storm as well as Roto Grip seem to be as good as anyone else, based on stories I've read.

That's my outlook on Storm right now. Enter me, please.

Hammerguy529
06-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Hammerguy529 here......enter me in the contest please. Many thanks! 15 pounds! :cool::eek:

As far as Storm goes, I've always wanted to try their equipment. It seems like they are top notch, and I just like the overall look of their products and to be bluntfully honest, one of the features I've always found myself interested in was the idea of scented balls. Had I not been using all hammer/ebonite equipment I would already have a storm ball or 3 in my bag! I've been having my eye on the virtual gravity for 2 months now and I must say I will have one before the day is over with.

Storms website is layed out very well. I found it very easy to navigate and very appealing to the eyes! My proshop recently had a furious ball that I managed to take a gander at. I was very VERY impressed with the way it looked and the way it smelled. Storm is definitely a brand I will try in the future and I am hoping it will do wonders for me! Thank you for reading.

fbushstl
06-06-2009, 04:54 AM
well i have had 4 storm bowling balls that i really liked the storm super power the storm x factor xxx factor and the storm core power. Storm has a great arching back end on there balls so i really like them although i perfer columbia but storm is good in fact i still throw my super power all the others crackd

jaws1945
06-06-2009, 09:48 AM
That was my first visit to the "new" Storm site. They have done an excellent job with their advertising and I liked the various options that are now available. I especially liked the "find the perfect ball" option. It was pretty slick, although they have so many different balls it makes my head spin. I have used Storm products in the past, my last being a "Ragin Banshee", and was pleased with the results. A teammate of mine is currently using a "Hyroad", and he seems happy with it. I remember when Storm first came out. They seemed to be the front runner in new ball technology and everyone else had to catch up.The new "Virtual Energy" sounds intriguing. I would definitely like to give it a try. Enter me please

JaxBowlingGuy
06-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Extra Entry

mrbill
06-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Please enter me for the Storm Virtual Energy Bowling Ball.
OMG I love the Matchmaker Area on the STORM Site it's making me want to buy some STORM bowling balls now, this is insane..
The Tips and Clips section on the STORM site Really Pumps me Up, the clips are so sharp and the info given there is so informative.

I never thought I would stray from my brunswick but I wanna try STORM NOW:cool:

(Please view the rules again and edit post to keep from being removed. Thanks!)

dpmusic70
06-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Well I just checked out the Storm website and I found it interesting and informative. I went to the Matchmaker to see which ball would be right for me and it picked the Tropical Storm Majestic-Purple Ivory. The one that smells like cheesecake. I think it's a good choice for me. I think it's really interesting that their higher end balls are scented.

I also looked at the video section and saw the one with Randy Pedersen. I liked the way they showed how the ball hooked into the pocket when he threw it 3 different ways.

I was reminded that my 1st finger tip ball was the Big Hit Pearl and I did really like that ball. I switched to the Hot Rod Pro Stock next becasue I wanted a heavier ball. I was also reminded of a stupid mistake that I made with that ball. By mistake I gave it to one of my daughters after I had gotten my next ball which was the Lane # 1 Cobalt Solid and I thought I was giving her an older ball that I had. When I asked her for it back she had already given it away. Wow that was a drag! So needless to say I would love to win another Storm ball so please enter me. :)

Jord_84
06-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Storm's website has been very helpful for me when it comes time to buy a new ball. I love the matchmaker feature. It's a great way to compare the tracks on different balls. The only downside I see with their website are all of the different sections listed at the top. It's a breeze looking through their products, but finding articles is a bit more challenging. There have been a couple of occasions where I've gone back to their site to reference an article I read...only to have a hard time locating it the second time around.

As far as the quality of Storms equipment is concerned, I couldn't be happier with the balls I've purchased from them. I've accomplished so many personal goals in the last 2 years with my new equipment, not to mention, these balls work as good as they did the day I bought them. Right now, I'm even looking into replacing my Robby Revs wrist positioner with Storm's "Gadget". The idea of being able to replace the neoprene inserts when they wear out seems ideal to me, rather than having to purchase a new glove.

sign me up, I'd love to add another ball to my collection!

NoTapNorm
06-08-2009, 06:07 AM
extra entry!

MH1313
06-08-2009, 10:03 AM
enter me too please!

I've been using storm equipment exclusively since 1999 when my coach hooked me up with an El Nino Wrath. Yeah I have to admit I still roll it today! I currently am sitting on a nice collection of the El Nino, T-road solid, and a Gravity Shift...I am looking to add a heavier oil ball to my arsenal so this would be a perfect opportunity ;) While at the storm site I did enjoy using the ball selector, it was fun for me to see what level of their equipment I "should" be using, and the funny thing is it didn't fit my current arsenal at all! haha!! Maybe I'm selling myself short?

Seamistlark
06-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I had not visited the Storm site before today and thought I would not like it but, I must say I really did like the MatchMaker section. I will be back to this site often. The videos section was great as well.
I would like to have my name entered into the drawing, Please. Thank you.

JaxBowlingGuy
06-08-2009, 05:48 PM
extra entry

Jamski
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes! By all means, enter me! I have never rolled a Storm, but I sure would like to try! My Dad really likes his, it's all he uses anymore. I have a Storm bag, and I can attest that it's a first class piece of work.

Having checked out the Storm website (very cool, by the way!) I find I am recommended to try the "Fast" ball...very interesting, especially in that I am very much a stroker with a slow shot that might rival Tim Criss. I may have to look into that too!

NoTapNorm
06-13-2009, 08:59 AM
extra entry!!

ebowler
06-13-2009, 03:00 PM
My strike ball is a Hammer product, and it works well. But after reading about Storm products on their site, I do believe it is time to give them a try. I really like the Matchmaker section, it allows you to see what may be the right equipment for you, based on your input and their knowledge the product. It's definitely the place to start.

The Tips & Clips is a great place to get information and feed back on the ball you are considering. They also have a nice lineup of maintenance products that will allow you to get the full potential out of your equipment.

I think the Virtual Energy is a good place to start expanding the possibilities.

Please " Enter Me"

JaxBowlingGuy
06-13-2009, 04:56 PM
extra entry

Hammerguy529
06-13-2009, 06:34 PM
^^ Its safe to say that stormbowler13 wants to win that ball.....Best of luck.

ebowler
06-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Extra Entry.

NoTapNorm
06-17-2009, 06:11 AM
extra entry!!!

ebowler
06-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Extra Entry!

ebowler
06-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I have a few to spare, and it looks as if the participation has slowed down, Sooooooo...........

Extra Entry!

ebowler
06-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Oh what the heck!

Extra Entry.

ebowler
06-18-2009, 07:18 PM
It's hard to believe, with over 1,000 members, more don't want a a new ball at a very reasonable price.

Extra Entry!

ebowler
06-18-2009, 07:21 PM
It looks a though one or two entries, may not be eligible. So I thought I would add one more.

Extra Entry!

ebowler
06-18-2009, 07:23 PM
It's like an addition, I can't help myself.

Somebody Stop Me!

Extra Entry!

ebowler
06-18-2009, 07:25 PM
OK, my therapist says I can do one more, but thats it. She said its, best if I just go cold turkey, so here it is,

Extra Entry!

ebowler
06-18-2009, 07:31 PM
She ran to the rest room, so I have to hurry,

Extra Entry!

Shh, here she comes. Please don't say anything.

JaxBowlingGuy
06-18-2009, 07:38 PM
extra entry

JaxBowlingGuy
06-18-2009, 07:38 PM
extra entry..

ebowler
06-18-2009, 08:43 PM
I see your pair, and raise you one.

Extra Entry!

ebowler
06-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Wow, 10 days and no new entries.

Extra Entry.

onefrombills
06-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok I want to put my name in for the ball raffle

(Please review the rules again and edit your post to keep from being removed. Thanks -BowlingBoards)

JerseyJim
06-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Count me in for an entry!!!

Please review the rules again and edit your post to keep it from being removed. Thanks
-BowlingBoards

NoTapNorm
06-30-2009, 09:06 AM
extra entry!!!!

ebowler
06-30-2009, 09:10 PM
BINGO!

Oh, wrong forum, sorry.

EXTRA ENTRY!

ebowler
07-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Hello, anybody home?

Extra Entry!

Hey, where is everybody?

JaxBowlingGuy
07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
extra entry

ebowler
07-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Well, today is the day. Good luck to all!

Extra Entry.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-14-2009, 08:54 AM
extra entry

ebowler
07-14-2009, 07:38 PM
It's been a lot of fun for a good cause, see everyone in the next giveaway.

Extra Entry.

JaxBowlingGuy
07-14-2009, 11:01 PM
extra entry

The KingPin
07-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Contest Closed

The KingPin
07-14-2009, 11:31 PM
The winning post number has been drawn.

Congrats to EBowler for winning the Brand New Storm Virtual Energy Bowling Ball

JaxBowlingGuy