PDA

View Full Version : Yes! It arrived today!

kev3inp
06-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi! I'd just like to say that the Rogue Cell was waiting for me when I got home today. Thank goodness my wife was home to sign for it. It's simply beautiful.

And it had a little denizen accompany it from Utah. There was a little leaf bug, still living, when I removed the ball from the plastic bag. It's been a while since I've seen those. I don't ever recall seeing one down here. I had Di try to take a pic of it, but without a close up lens it didn't work out that well.

Anyway, thank you so very much, and I'm going to try and get it drilled tomorrow so I can use it for the first night of summer league this Sunday. Now watch me do my happy dance again! More champagne! :D

kev3inp
06-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Oh, and I let the little fellow go with my best wishes. I hope he finds his way around quickly and has a good life.

The KingPin
06-05-2009, 05:56 PM
That is great. You deserve it. Thanks so much for being a valued member.

Chris

bowl1820
06-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Great news! Lets us know how you get it drilled and how it does. Write a review for the ball review section.

Strike Domination
06-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Good stuff. Hopefully it's not too strong haha.

dougb
06-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Congrats on winning what looks like an awesome ball. I watched a gal in league throw hers last week. The ball is smooth and hits hard.

kev3inp
06-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I halted my review of the LGB show to head to the pro shop and got remeasured to have the ball drilled. My thumb is a little smaller, my span is a little longer and my middle fingertip is bigger. We talked a while about how I bowl and what I want the ball to do and he laid it out with the pin left and even with the ring finger, the cg left of grip center and the mass bias to the right of the thumb and a little down. No balance hole. A pretty generic drilling, but I'm a pretty generic bowler. I'll try it out on the first night of league tomorrow, but I'll be bringing my regular ball, too, just in case there's a problem.

mrbill
06-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Good luck on league night, you have a big pin splitter now hehe:p
Tell us all about it in fine detail "I guess I like to Drool":o

Seamistlark
06-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Kevin,
Congatulations, I couldn't think of a nicer person to win.

kev3inp
06-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Kevin,
Congatulations, I couldn't think of a nicer person to win.

Thank you very much. I knew there was a reason I liked you. ;)

Anyway, I got to throw it for the first time Sunday night after getting it drilled Saturday. Pin next to ring finger, cg to the left, and the MB to the right of the thumb and a little lower, no balance hole. My first impression was "WOW!" I didn't get enough throws in practice to figure it out, but right away the ball made me look like I actually have revs.

We started the first game with me still feeling my way around the ball. At the start I don't think I hit the pocket once, all nose hits and brooklyns. Finally in the later frames I kind of figure it out and rescue a bad game to a 172.

The next game I moved in a little bit standing on 22, rolling to 8 at the arrows, and out to about 3 at the breakpoint, and I start crushing the pins. As the game goes on I have to keep moving right, but it seems like I made mostly correct decisions and I wind up with a 241. I was so excited I couldn't catch my breath, and then found my inhaler was clogged so that couldn't help me out any.

The last game, though, was a different story. My speed slowed down so I started going high and leaving splits. 4 in the the first 5 frames. That's when I really started to feel the difference in weight between the Rogue and my Spare Tire. ( It looks like I'll have to break down and get a lighter spare ball, the 2 lb difference feels very dramatic after a while.) I move in some more to compensate and start leaving all kinds of single pins, which I proceed to miss. I move in a little further and split again. Finally I make a big jump to 29, 13, and the breakpoint about 5 and I strike twice in the 10th, then tug it for a 7 count. All for a grand total of.... 138. I think I deserve an award for most pins dropped in a game from the previous one.

All things considered, though, I love this ball. Thanks so much again.

The KingPin
06-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Wow that is a great story.

Really as the owner of this site, years ago when I had this idea to build this site, i looked at other sites to call home first. Yet I saw so mush anger, harassing, and complaining that I wanted nothing to do with that.

So it truly makes me smile to bring a member of this community joy.

It makes all of the hours working on this site worthwhile.

Chris

Seamistlark
06-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Chris,
Don't ever think that what you are doing here is not appreciated. This is a site that promotes the good side of our sport. The other sites let the negativity in and it starts to grow into anger. I belong to a number of sites that are car related and only deal with the ones that help the members and promote a sense of family. Please know that you are doing a great thing and that we here respect what you have created.
Thanks again,
Ted

dpmusic70
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Chris I want you to know that I love this website. I feel very comfortable posting here and you are really doing a great job with it. There are other bowling websites that I won't even consider posting on. The people on here are really kind and giving and I respect their opinions. And it's a fun place to be. :)

Strike Domination
06-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I agree with the above two posts, Chris. A big difference between here and other forums(specifically Ball Reviews and PBA forums) is that there's moderation to keep things under control. The other sites are nice because they have knowledgeable people there as well, but there are times where people start insulting each other because of a disagreement. I'm pretty open minded and kind so I don't have anything to do with those arguments really.

So, you have a good thing here, keep it up.

mrbill
06-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I agree with all of the above^^^^^^^

That's what attracted me here in the first place, A feeling of positive energy and comradeship, 0 negativity about the sport and a helpful hand and advice when needed when you need it:)

No matter who you are where you might come from or what your statuses is or average is "it don't matter"
It's all about BOWLING here:D

The KingPin
06-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Chris,
Don't ever think that what you are doing here is not appreciated. This is a site that promotes the good side of our sport. The other sites let the negativity in and it starts to grow into anger. I belong to a number of sites that are car related and only deal with the ones that help the members and promote a sense of family. Please know that you are doing a great thing and that we here respect what you have created.
Thanks again,
Ted

Thanks very much I appreciate your thoughts

Chris