PDA

View Full Version : Help, Silly question

Hammerguy529
06-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Ok, as most of you know or have read from my introduction thread not too long ago, I am very new to the sport and enjoy it greatly...(even more when I hit my spares) :rolleyes: Anyway, I bought my first ball, the Hotsauce straight off of the rack and honestly couldn't tell you what the pin placement or top weight is and since it sat for a while, unfortunately neither could they. I'll be honest, I'm not very goodand if I had to say my average is at best a lowsy 140. My issue is I have beaten the ball up with my earlier gutter experiences and I'm kind of saddened by the way my ball looks. I was looking over at buddies proshop and found a great deal on a clear black widow and hotsauce combo but the choices of pin and topweight "SERIOUSLY" overwhelmed me. I really like my current hotsauce as far as its reaction and the like so I would love to keep it the same. I'm basically just going to use my current hotsauce as my normal day ball in hopes as to when I get a little better in the future I won't have quite as much wear and tear on my equipment. So long story short, my question is this: For a newer bowler, does pin and weight have that great of an influence on me? Also, how would I go about finding out my current ball's stats as so I can match them?

(I apologize for sounding quite like the bowling newbie, but unfortunately I am a newbie.:()

bowl1820
06-06-2009, 08:53 PM
If your ball is beat up looking take it to the pro shop and have them resurface it. (See if they have a Haus Machine or a Storm Surface factory to do it, if not it can be done on the spinner) It would be like a new ball then.

You have a fair arsenal now Magic for oil, Hot Sauce for mediums and Vibe for the dry. Resurfacing would be cheaper than getting a new one.

As for your ball stat's they can tell you a lot at the pro shop. Like your grip, locate your PAP (which if they drilled it for you they should have that info on file all ready even starting top weight),gross/side/finger and thumb weight.

Hammerguy529
06-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Thank you, It seems like another trip to the local shop is in order I suppose.

JaxBowlingGuy
06-06-2009, 11:41 PM
as for the pin its a simple measurement from the pin to the CG marking.. Im not sure what the CG mark is on Hammer balls but it should be within 4 inches from the pin. So look for a random dot or marking thats not apart of the ball label. Top weight will be a little more difficult to measure since the ball has been drilled.